• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cooling System AN Fitting Size

Derek12v

I'm helping a buddy piece together all of the plumbing on a new build and I'm looking for feedback on what size plumbing people have used on similar builds and how its working. He's got a stock LS LQ4 6.0 that will someday see a mild cam. The radiator is front mounted and the hoses will be relatively short. The plan is to use weld AN fittings on the LS pump and radiator. I suggested to use -16 everywhere because the price and selection of fittings is better than it is for -20. Thoughts? :fish:

Rohlingoffroad said:
I run -16 on all of my cooling system with no issues and I am very rough on mine :woot:

Cool. That's what I want to hear so I don't look like a fool when he overheats on the first trip out. booyang

When I bought all of my plumbing, everyone told me -16 worked fine. Ordered my radiator with -16 welded on and Ron Davis called and said there's no way it will work. Told him to build it anyways so we'll see.

Running -16 on mine as well. 6.0, electric pump, rear radiator, no issues

85toyo said:
What was the reason for going to a electric pump?
Origionally I was trying to simplify my serpentine setup with the 2 pumps and procharger and though not having to worry about a water pump pulley would help matters. I thought it would be nice to be able to run it without the motor running after a hard run ect. but I havent had to do that. In the end I went with a Meziere LS Street pump, flows 55 gpm and came with either a -16 or -20 an fitting. Motor hasn't been over 195 on some pretty hard runs. It has a dummy pulley you can use or not use in my case I didnt use it at first but had belt squeaking issues so now its turning with no squeaking go figure.

I run -16 on my radiator with a 6.0. It has more than enough flow. -20 fitting are considerably more money than the -16

mchampion said:
I run -16 on my radiator with a 6.0. It has more than enough flow. -20 fitting are considerably more money than the -16

That's a fact! A -16 90 degree fitting is ~$25 EA. and a -20 90 degree fitting is $55 EA.

On a side note. Where is the cheapest place to buy AN fittings besides Summit Racing?

Latest posts