• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CRANK1 stickshift

CRANK1

now that i have the jeep back i also need a stickshift for the th350 (think thats right) anyway i am not 100% sure what i want or need, kelly welded it up so that it was functional, but knowing that i was going to replace it. problem is i dont know exactly what to purchase to make it work well and look half way worth a ****. any ideas or places to look?

ebay. let me look, brb
okay, here's a new one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/B-M-80885-GM-Chrysler-Ford-HAMMER-AUTOMATIC-SHIFTER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33736QQihZ020QQitemZ300113094905QQrdZ1
star shifter, same one I have on the shelf
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-B-M-80675-Star-Shifter-3-speed-automatic-shifter_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33736QQihZ015QQitemZ250118636681QQrdZ1
here is the zgate. it has detents in the cover, not the mechanism. less **** to go wrong and easier to get from d to reverse. its only a hundo and doesn't have a ratchet. this is the one I would buy if I had a floor shifter in a street truck like you do

in the simplest terms available to mankind explain to me a ratchet on the stickshift, what does it do and why dont i want it? again before you say it i will say i am retarded

ratchet mode is what you pull a shifter back into for a dragrace where you won't need to downshift. the point of it is this: you are in a stupid fast car, you are totally focused on keeping it pointed to the end of the track and not into the other lane or the wall. you start in 1st and want to be in second, but can't hang onto the shifter and be gentle, you eyes are in the back of your head. when the shift light hits, you make a really mean and hard stab at the shifter. you hit it, it flies forward and into a detent (stop) and only lets it go 1 gear. it ratchets back to the same spot and you hit it again to get to third. after that you shut it down. no matter how many times you hit it in ratchet mode it won't go to neutral and blow up your engine or reverse and drop parts all over. you have to pull up on the little handle for that. I don't like heavily detented shifters off road because sometimes direction changes and neutral hits are needed in very little time. I don't detent at all, and it works ****ing awesome on curt's zr2.5. yours was done with the idea that you would want a neutral and reverse lockout, and probably a more attractive base to put on the floorboard. also a base with a selector (needle that tells you what gear you are in) is nice so you know where you are at and the base looks nice and covers the hole in the floor. because it is a cable shifter, you can mount it anywhere within 5' of the tranny (pretty hard to get that far away in a small ass jeep) :D and the bases are black which matches the theme of the rig

kelly i see links to 2 shifters is that all you linked,(b&M star shifter and the hammer shifter) where is the zgate shifter for $100 bucks

alright kelly i ordered the z gate shifter yesterday, so it should be here by the end of the week. and i am sure there are instructions in the box on how to install, however what do i need to do with the set up that you already have on there? do i just grind off the piece of metal from the tranny to the stick? :spin: how easy are the cable to install? i hate not knowing this ****

no need to grind ****. get under there and unbolt the shifter I have from the adapter. it will take a 9/14" wrench. don't just unbolt the shifter piece, but there is a little fabbed piece out of strap that is bolted to the transfer case. take it all off. you will also need a 5/8" for the shift cup on the tranny. it comes off too. hold it with a bar or vise grip when you break it loose or tighten it.