• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Crawling spots

hotwheels000

Thought I would start a thread with all the known spots for crawling. Everyone should add to it and then maybe it can become a sticky.

These spots can be anything from an outcropping to a full blown location for a comp.............

Dont forget directions or addresses:

1) The Beach (des-moines beach park) 22030 cliff Ave S Des-Moines Wa.
2) Tinkam rd----- exit 42 off of I-90 head south folllow to the first or second water crossing

3) Orting---- hwy 162 to calastoga rd go right, follow to the bridge,parking is just before the bridge on the left.

4) Chehalis ???????????? chad help please....

5) Box canyon----- stampede pass exit off of I-90 go north, follow the asphalt road to lake kaches. Dont go into the campground take a left on the dirt rd and follow it up the hill. You will come to a Y stay right and follow some more ,the water fall /slab will be on the right and will be one of the few places that has parking for a bout 8 cars or so,you cant miss it.

6) Beverly---- I-90 to vantage,cross the bridge and go right like you are going to beverly,after you Y off and are down low by the river the road will start to climb away from the river for a bit,at the top of the hill there is a road/trail (dirt)that goes to a lookout over the river there are lots of rock outcroppings all over that area.

7) Rimrock
From the West - Take US-12 East, and follow for approximately 16 miles past White Pass. Turn right on Tieton Road AFTER going by the lake on your right (the other end of Tieton comes out on 12 a few miles earlier, before the lake). The turn you want is a few miles past the Rimrock general store. Follow Tieton road for a few miles, until you see rocks you like. There are rocks all over up there.

From the East - Highway 410 to the junction with US-12, and follow US-12 West for approx. 17.5 miles. Turn left onto Tieton Road, and follow it until you find a spot you like.

8) Moon rocks(funny rocks) ??????????

9) Capital Forest----I-5 south to exit 88 (hwy12 west ) follow for 13 miles just after oakville take a right on capital forest rd go 2.5 miles, rocks are on the left. Also another mile or so up is another pile of rocks.

10) Ruston way-------To get there
from I5 north or south near the tacoma dome
Take hwy 705 toward tacoma waterfront.
Exit onto schuster parkway stay in left lane toward ruston way
Left lane will go over the train tracks(bridge) and turn into ruston way.
There are parks and paths all along ruston way but the best I found was at the west end of the paved trails
a couple miles down.

11) mukilteo------if mapquested look for direction's to the mukeltio ferry launch, take a left at the bottom of the hill at the 4 way stop, park in the state park parking lot and there are miles of rock's to the left between the railroad track's and the water.

I-5 to hwy 526 past boeing, follow signs to ferry the entire way or..., right on 527,left on front street, park near the lighthouse

12 Titlow beach----Hwy 16 toi 6th ave follow 6th towards the water (narrows bridge) go to the bottom of the hill ,you will see the water. parking is at the public beach access area by the resturants (steamers)

13) browns point lighthouse park(tacoma)--Ton a WAN Da Ave NE & Tok a Lou Ave NE
Tacoma, WA 98422-----From I-5 North & South: Take I-5 to Tacoma. Turn onto I-705 North, then head North on WA 509 North (also named Marine View Dr). Head North for several miles as you wind your way around the Port of Tacoma. As you approach the residential area of Brown's Point, turn Left on Le Lou Wa Place NE. Continue on this road until you see the park on your left. Start at the parking lot.

Off of Marine View Drive, there is a signpost that identify's the community of Brown's Point. You turn down that road, and basically follow it around, staying towards the water at any fork. The park isn't really well marked, but it has a steel fence around it.

Last edited:
Did a little scouting today.

So i got rained out for work today,and thaught i would look for some places to crawl.No spectacular find but,I drove to saltwater state park in desmoins.There was lots of big rock along the sound and smaller rocks along a small inlet stream.I was looking for the beach u guys talk about but got distracted with place. Also I drove to evans creek this afternoon.this place has some potential for next spring and summer. The lake mowick park was closed and its been years since i've been there but i think it might be a good spot also in that area. I found a few small areas to play around but I know there is good spots up there. might be worth scouting out next spring.

Similar rock to THE BEACH, but on the tacoma waterfront right near The Lobster Shop. I only have 2 pics from there but will post when I get em off the camera.

Are all of you guy's south or what??? The only good spot I have found up here in the Everett area is down in mukeltio on the beach, about 2 miles of basketball sized to washing machine sized rock's. really good stuff, that is until the tide comes up then it's lame. Anybody know anywhere to crawl in the everett area?

426rider said:
Similar rock to THE BEACH, but on the tacoma waterfront right near The Lobster Shop. I only have 2 pics from there but will post when I get em off the camera.

Can you give us addy for the lobster shop or a set of directions (left or right of the shop ,how far etc.)

Good find as there should be lots of parking on the tacoma waterfront.

darius said:
Are all of you guy's south or what??? The only good spot I have found up here in the Everett area is down in mukeltio on the beach, about 2 miles of basketball sized to washing machine sized rock's. really good stuff, that is until the tide comes up then it's lame. Anybody know anywhere to crawl in the everett area?
There are a few of us down here and a few up your way

Give us a better set of directions or location, I drive around all day for work and would like to check this out.

I'm in Everett, and i think i know where you're talking about 'cause i live just off of Mukilteo Blvd, i didn't even think about that spot, i think it should be the next comp spot, i will surely check it out hopefully next tuesday......

I'm not too sure about direction's, but if mapquested look for direction's to the mukeltio ferry launch, take a left at the bottom of the hill at the 4 way stop, park in the state park parking lot and there are miles of rock's to the left between the railroad track's and the water. I'm not farmiliar with rc comp's but it would have to be under 6 hours or so, cause high tide kinda comes into the rock's. I can post direction's when I get home tonight.

Ok, here are the 2 pics I got in tacoma. It was dark by the time I got there and rainin pretty good so I was only there for like 5 min. I know a better pic of the rocks would be good but as I said it was dark. I would like to go back on a dry day.

To get there
from I5 north or south near the tacoma dome
Take hwy 705 toward tacoma waterfront.
Exit onto schuster parkway stay in left lane toward ruston way
Left lane will go over the train tracks(bridge) and turn into ruston way.
There are parks and paths all along ruston way but the best I found was at the west end of the paved trails
a couple miles down. There is a restaurant there that I thought was the lobster shop but the only one I could find on the net is the one in dash point.

Last edited:
Toom said:
I'm in Everett, and i think i know where you're talking about 'cause i live just off of Mukilteo Blvd, i didn't even think about that spot, i think it should be the next comp spot, i will surely check it out hopefully next tuesday......

Not biased or anything are ya? I guess since I live in Tacoma I should vote for a Tacoma Location. :D

j/k man. Guess we should consult the tide charts before scheduling a comp there though. .

Did some searching today, and was able to rule both parks at Dash Point as not comp material. They are sandy beaches, with logs, but no rocks.

The good news is that I found a decent spot at Brown's Point Lighthouse Park in Tacoma. Similar to DesMoines, but it's smaller, the water is closer, and the rock is more jagged. I was there at 11:00AM, and haven't checked the tide chart yet to get an idea of where the water was going compared to the pictures.

crawlspots007ri8.jpg

crawlspots001zl6.jpg

Orting - I believe the highway turns at that intersection. If you were to go straight, you would be on local streets.

Rimrock:
From the West - Take US-12 East, and follow for approximately 16 miles past White Pass. Turn right on Tieton Road AFTER going by the lake on your right (the other end of Tieton comes out on 12 a few miles earlier, before the lake). The turn you want is a few miles past the Rimrock general store. Follow Tieton road for a few miles, until you see rocks you like. There are rocks all over up there.

From the East - Highway 410 to the junction with US-12, and follow US-12 West for approx. 17.5 miles. Turn left onto Tieton Road, and follow it until you find a spot you like.