• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cryo treatment

ranger11

Does anyone know the process companies are doing? I'm guessing just putting the part in liquid nitrogen for x amount of time?

ranger11 said:
Does anyone know the process companies are doing? I'm guessing just putting the part in liquid nitrogen for x amount of time?

See Vendors section under Cryo treatment p.2

It works.

Re:

I read that thread but it got me to thinking I can do it myself, Is it just dropping the part in and leaving it until the vapor quits coming off? We use liquid nitrogen to shrink parts at work.

Re:

ranger11 said:
I read that thread but it got me to thinking I can do it myself, Is it just dropping the part in and leaving it until the vapor quits coming off? We use liquid nitrogen to shrink parts at work.
From what I understand rcv heat treats and then cryos parts. Give them a call I'm pretty sure they will give some details of the process!

percryo.com is who I use. They bring the temp down slowly to around -300, hold it for x amount of hours then slowly bring back to temp.

the heat treaters I use recommend normalizing the parts after cryo.. so they take the parts slowly down to something like -300 keep it there for several hours.. slowly bring it back up to ambient temp.. normalizing is done at about 300 for a few hours, more of a stress relieving process than anything.. a bunch of guys in my group went in and had a bunch of spicer dana 60 u joints cryo treated and they held up surprisingly well but eventually they broke, but they deserved it haha

My Toy gears have held up great cryoed. 5.29's front and rear for 7 years. It's been beat on with 42's and now 39" Krawlers. Bobby Long did mine but not sure on the exact process used.

Re: Re: Re: Cryo treatment

5onrocks said:
My Toy gears have held up great cryoed. 5.29's front and rear for 7 years. It's been beat on with 42's and now 39" Krawlers. Bobby Long did mine but not sure on the exact process used.
You wheel hard? :****:

5onrocks said:

Bobby did my 5.29's too...holding up for 5+ years and running 39's and turbo'd WEEEEPOOOWWWW

Latest posts