• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Custom inner axleshafts

Bunk1

That nice azzhole
I never asked my axle builder the right way to figure out how long my inners have to be, After thinking about it for awhile i wanna say go off the inside of the side gear to the c/l on the king pins. FWIW its a D60.

When we order shafts to be splined we measure the carrier center pin to the end of the axle tube, where the shaft neck's up to the ears. Ring and pinion want's center of the u joint to the end.

darius said:
When we order shafts to be splined we measure the carrier center pin to the end of the axle tube, where the shaft neck's up to the ears. Ring and pinion want's center of the u joint to the end.

It really depends on who does the cuting. The method you guys use I beleive is how carl jantz does it.

But joe I would ask who is going to do the shafts --its a pain in the butt mistake :;

crash said:
It really depends on who does the cuting. The method you guys use I beleive is how carl jantz does it.

But joe I would ask who is going to do the shafts --its a pain in the butt mistake :;

Almost every spliner out there does it that way, it makes the most sense. only time you measure center of the u joint is on a ready made shaft. Though I'm sure there are other complicated people out there too.