• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Custom PRP seat garbage

Waffle

My new PRP Comp Elite seats showed up friday and I was excited for a whole 5 minutes.
I ordered 2 Comp Elites +2" in ostrich and asked for the cushion to be replaced with the podium (verified through multiple emails & phone calls that they fit & they will gladly swap). Apparently they took "cushion" literally and only sent me 1 podium cushion and 2 elite cushions.
And it appears mine were made friday afternoon just b4 close cause neither of the elite cushions fit worth a damn and aren't even close to matching the contours of the seat base. The 1 podium cushion fits great, but both elite cushions fit like crapt and are unusable. They leave a huge gap in the back even after being forced into it's position and the 5th slot still doesn't line up properly. The side slots have zero foam underneath the vinyl and appear to be stitched wrong, leaving the vinyl shape twisted & overlapping itself.
They said "we'll try and get another podium cushion moved up the line". Well I hope so.....I waited 9 weeks for all this, and I guess I'll pray to Zues that the 2nd Podium seat matches my 1st and not the other two Elite cushions. Tbh, for this kind of money these should look and fit like a tailored suit. The Corbeau ultras currently in my buggy have a better fit & finish for half the price.
20210205_110848.jpg
20210205_105531.jpg
20210205_105609.jpg

Here's pics showing the difference in cushion shape. Podium on top of Elite. And yes, the Podium fits in the Elite seat, but the Elite does not.
20210205_132301.jpg
20210205_142424.jpg
20210205_132318.jpg
20210205_132328.jpg
20210205_113721.jpg

The problem with the cushions is the difference in dimensions. The Podium is shaped more like a trapezoid with rounded corners and matches the seat base beautifully, whereas the Elite is shaped more like a brick.

So, I've started the journey to getting my missing Podium seat. I don't know what to do about the garbage side slot fitment. It sticks out like a sore thumb and I'm embarrassed to accept it for the money I've paid. I know damn well too what the first person that sees it will ask......"You paid how much for that? Lol"

Last edited:
Here's a better shot of the gap left by the Elite cushions. This is after I forced it into position, deforming both the cushion and the seat.
20210207_223504.jpg
20210207_223544.jpg

Yeah, that has been my experience as well. Quality went waaaaaay down when they changed hands.

Currently waiting on another pair of seats.

So far, the best seats I put my ass in were Corbeau Baja XPs. And they're affordable I think. But the seat back angle sucks.

Man that sucks! Did you ask them about remaking both seats completely correctly (correct seat cushions, harness slots, etc) as opposed to just fixing the one cushion?

I called immediately on Friday and spoke to a person (same person who answered multiple times b4). His reasoning was I only got 1 cushion because I didn't put "cushions" in the footnotes. What! I told him swapping the elite cushion with the podium meant each cushion of my order. Not only did I want the podium cushion for its 1" shorter height, but I wanted it for 2 other reasons. It lacks the leg riser hump and the 5th slot is split towards the front instead of the slit being straight down the middle of the cushion. I told him the Elite cushion has its guts exposed by the 5th slot to water/dirt, but the Podium cushion does not. The Podium is easier to remove too.
I told him about how poor the slots came out and questioned how someone in the shop said "looks good" and proceeded to ship them out. He asked for pics to be emailed. Never heard back.
I also made contact through another source, with multiple pics like those above. They were out at KOH of course, but requested I send all my pics to another source and they asked me to give them a few days to respond.
So I sent out my 5 emails to this person with all pics & descriptions. And that's where I am right now. Waiting, wondering what I should do & realizing I'm probably screwed in some form or another.
I might try unzipping the slots and see if I can source some seat foam while I'm waiting on the cushion & their overall response, but the slot shape deformation makes me question whether it'll work or not cause it doesn't appear to be stitched correctly.
One of my problems is I'm 6'3 with my seat to shoulder slot height being 25", and getting a seat that fits is (for me) like shopping for shoes. The selection is extremely limited and Corbeau isn't one of them. It came down to either PRP or Mastercraft. I initially wanted the Simpson Pro V2 seats (Twisted Stitch), but they refuse to make a taller version than what's already available.

I called immediately on Friday and spoke to a person (same person who answered multiple times b4). His reasoning was I only got 1 cushion because I didn't put "cushions" in the footnotes. What! I told him swapping the elite cushion with the podium meant each cushion of my order. Not only did I want the podium cushion for its 1" shorter height, but I wanted it for 2 other reasons. It lacks the leg riser hump and the 5th slot is split towards the front instead of the slit being straight down the middle of the cushion. I told him the Elite cushion has its guts exposed by the 5th slot to water/dirt, but the Podium cushion does not. The Podium is easier to remove too.
I told him about how poor the slots came out and questioned how someone in the shop said "looks good" and proceeded to ship them out. He asked for pics to be emailed. Never heard back.
I also made contact through another source, with multiple pics like those above. They were out at KOH of course, but requested I send all my pics to another source and they asked me to give them a few days to respond.
So I sent out my 5 emails to this person with all pics & descriptions. And that's where I am right now. Waiting, wondering what I should do & realizing I'm probably screwed in some form or another.
I might try unzipping the slots and see if I can source some seat foam while I'm waiting on the cushion & their overall response, but the slot shape deformation makes me question whether it'll work or not cause it doesn't appear to be stitched correctly.
One of my problems is I'm 6'3 with my seat to shoulder slot height being 25", and getting a seat that fits is (for me) like shopping for shoes. The selection is extremely limited and Corbeau isn't one of them. It came down to either PRP or Mastercraft. I initially wanted the Simpson Pro V2 seats (Twisted Stitch), but they refuse to make a taller version than what's already available.

I figured you'd called and emailed but wanted to make sure. I know @Bebop had problems with his custom PRP seats and it sounds like some of the same issues/steps he had to go through too.

All these seat issues for tall folks make me glad I'm average height.

Exact same experience here. Even the same height and shoulder height.
If the next ones aren't good, I'll post my experience here and will share on FB.

I had to get my dealer involved to have PRP respond to me. After the dealer weighted in, they agreed to build another set of seats. Before, I was SOL. Glad I din't buy direct from PRP.

If I am not satisfied by the new seats, I'll get rid of them and will look into a set of custom Mastercrafts even if I do NOT like their fabrics.

Dayum! That's really disappointing to hear of others with PRP issues of both product & service. I bought direct too cause I couldn't find a local dealer.

I nearly drove the 2 hours to Mastercraft in Indianapolis just to check out all their stuff, but Covid was interrupting visitations and I didn't want a fabric seat. Now that black friday is long gone the Mastercraft 3G is crazy expensive for a tall version.

I didn't get a price for a tall 3G. Care sharing publicly?

FYI, I went through BustedKnuckle Offroad and they drop shipped them from CA. No sales taxes either this way for me. No need to have a local dealer is what I'm trying to say.

I didn't get a price for a tall 3G. Care sharing publicly?

FYI, I went through BustedKnuckle Offroad and they drop shipped them from CA. No sales taxes either this way for me. No need to have a local dealer is what I'm trying to say.
MCS charges $150 extra for the +3" tall 3G seat. You'd have to call them directly since it's not an option given on their website.

PS: my older post about Corbeau XP seats drifted into other brands and Mastercraft was one of them. If I remember correctly the seat to shoulder slot distance was 22", which seems to be the norm from most. So a +3 would make it 25".

Last edited:
MCS charges $150 extra for the +3" tall 3G seat. You'd have to call them directly since it's not an option given on their website.

PS: my older post about Corbeau XP seats drifted into other brands and Mastercraft was one of them. If I remember correctly the seat to shoulder slot distance was 22", which seems to be the norm from most. So a +3 would make it 25"

The corbeau XPs have a super wide/tall harness slot and I felt very comfortable in them. If they had a better angle I'd have gotten some.

A buddy of of mine just got a set of PRP's a week or so ago and just from the pictures I noticed stitching issues at the holes for the shoulder harnesses.

For the money these cost, and I'm not busting on you for spending on seats...I like nice comfortable seats too, you should expect better quality and you should get better quality.

Hopefully they make it right. Honestly, they should send you a new set of seats done right and a call tag for these F'ed up ones.

Hey Mark! Justin from PRP Seats here. Happy we were able to talk today and get these seats back. Unacceptable every step of the way. Thanks for working with me to resolve this.

A buddy of of mine just got a set of PRP's a week or so ago and just from the pictures I noticed stitching issues at the holes for the shoulder harnesses.

For the money these cost, and I'm not busting on you for spending on seats...I like nice comfortable seats too, you should expect better quality and you should get better quality.

Hopefully they make it right. Honestly, they should send you a new set of seats done right and a call tag for these F'ed up ones.
Hello TCDawg! Definitely sad to hear this. Can you have your friend reach out to me? No poor seat should leave less than what the customer expects. [email protected]

Latest posts