• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Custom PRP seat garbage

Boy oh boy. I'm trying to give them an opportunity to make this right but please inspect your seats if you order from PRP. Also inspect all hardware that may be included. I sent several emails back and forth with Jonathan and Zack at PRP yesterday evening about the issue I am having with the $1800 seats I ordered 4 weeks ago. I will elaborate more once they have had a chance to get back to me but this isn't good. I really thought after some of the issues that you folks have had, their QC would have gotten better. I guess mediocre may be their new expectations.

PRP.....what say you?

Boy oh boy. I'm trying to give them an opportunity to make this right but please inspect your seats if you order from PRP. Also inspect all hardware that may be included. I sent several emails back and forth with Jonathan and Zack at PRP yesterday evening about the issue I am having with the $1800 seats I ordered 4 weeks ago. I will elaborate more once they have had a chance to get back to me but this isn't good. I really thought after some of the issues that you folks have had, their QC would have gotten better. I guess mediocre may be their new expectations.

PRP.....what say you?
Hey Scooter60!

Thanks for writing here. We're doing our absolute best to punch out a high-quality product every single time. Like most of the world right now, staff shortages and new staff we're doing our best to get everything straight. Absolutely no customer deserves to have any issues with their orders and I'm incredibly sorry you're in the situation you're in. We strive for 100% manufacturing rate of perfection as does every manufacturing company, but things do slip sometimes since we are a man-made product.. Zack will be getting back to you shortly after a discussion with him. Any issues going forward please email me, the brand manager. [email protected] and we will get you happy and make it right.

Thank you so much.

Justin

Hey Scooter60!

Thanks for writing here. We're doing our absolute best to punch out a high-quality product every single time. Like most of the world right now, staff shortages and new staff we're doing our best to get everything straight. Absolutely no customer deserves to have any issues with their orders and I'm incredibly sorry you're in the situation you're in. We strive for 100% manufacturing rate of perfection as does every manufacturing company, but things do slip sometimes since we are a man-made product.. Zack will be getting back to you shortly after a discussion with him. Any issues going forward please email me, the brand manager. [email protected] and we will get you happy and make it right.

Thank you so much.

Justin
I understand the issues you and every other manufacturer are having. It is a tough time right now. That, however, is no excuse for the poor fitment of the seat cover and the issues with missing and non compatible hardware. Not to mention Zack recommending me use a .75" length bolt to go though 1/2" of steel brackets YOU provided and expect them to have a safe thread engagement. Please do NOT tell anyone else to do this. People will be severely injured or possibly die if you do. I have always appreciated the product you are producing but it seems as though the QC has slipped quite a bit. I don't want anyone to get hurt and if I can do some screaming and yelling to prevent it I will. There are people out there that would not pay any attention to the thread engagement like I did.

I understand the issues you and every other manufacturer are having. It is a tough time right now. That, however, is no excuse for the poor fitment of the seat cover and the issues with missing and non compatible hardware. Not to mention Zack recommending me use a .75" length bolt to go though 1/2" of steel brackets YOU provided and expect them to have a safe thread engagement. Please do NOT tell anyone else to do this. People will be severely injured or possibly die if you do. I have always appreciated the product you are producing but it seems as though the QC has slipped quite a bit. I don't want anyone to get hurt and if I can do some screaming and yelling to prevent it I will. There are people out there that would not pay any attention to the thread engagement like I did.
From Zack:

Hey Paul, As we said in the email, It's always hard for us when the manufacturer changes little things like this in-between years and models. Especially when it's something like this with the bolt diameter being off, and the bolt holes being offset a ¼" from the previous model. We don't get updates or anything from Kawasaki when they make changes. We only really find out when someone has an issue pop up as you did. And like I said we don't know if this change happened at the beginning of 2021 Model Year, or partway through it. We literally only found out from a local customer a week ago who had 2022, with who we were luckily able to use their car to R&D a fix with. In testing his model, we had no issues with the hardware being too short. So I was under the assumption that the hardware would work until you informed him that your 2021 hardware would not, and was too short. So we're now having to dig into this further and see about adding a second set of hardware for 2021+ models into the kit. I get your frustration, and I sincerely apologize. But just be aware that we're not trying to mislead people, we're honestly just trying to figure out the issues and correct them.

Paul,

Your notes are being taken down here so we can definitely improve. You have every right to scream and yell. We apologize for the poor recommendation initially and your distaste for our quality. We now track returns and issues like these based on quality and we're WAY down year over year.

We will stand behind our product and make every situation right when given the chance to. Thanks for alarming us with your attentiveness to detail. I appreciate your willingness to come forward and allow us to learn about 2022, adapt, and make it right.

If you're not happy with the solution offered from us, give me a call and we can talk it out. 951-894-5104 ext 122.

Justin

I left y'all a voicemail about a month ago about a buggy bag with the stitching falling apart already. No response. Shame bitching on a forum seems to be the only way to get a live body

I left y'all a voicemail about a month ago about a buggy bag with the stitching falling apart already. No response. Shame bitching on a forum seems to be the only way to get a live body
Hey TMac! It shouldn't be that way and sincerely apologize. As I wrote above staffing has been difficult for everyone during this time and we're doing our absolute best. We've raised wages across the board and are aggressively searching for more help.

That being said, call me today and I will review your order and get you sent a brand new bag and a t-shirt. As much as forum shaming sucks to see, I am happy that these are being made known so I can step in and do my job to make it right.

951-894-5104 ext 122.
[email protected]

To give an update on my situation.

I have been in contact with several folks from PRP including Justin. They have been extremely helpful and apologetic about the situation. They are doing their best to make this right. I think that is very stand up on their part. I called them out on some issues and concerns and they are working to get them corrected.

There were some model year changes to the machine I bought the seats for and I fully understand that they cannot control that. I do feel that they could have handled this better or gotten out in front of it a little better(read: update their website or reach out to the customer if there may be a known issue).

They have offered to make up for my trouble and time and that is greatly appreciated. The seat with the poor fitting cover is on its way back to PRP and they have promised a quick turn around on the repair.

Long story short, PRP is still a stand up company. I am writing this experience off as an issue with the world we are currently living in. If you have any issues with PRP, reach out to them via their customer service contact number. They will do their best to make things right.

Thank you for your help Justin!

Here is a pic of the good seat. Looking forward to getting the other seat back.

Attachments

• 20211111_173615.jpg
    20211111_173615.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 179
To give an update on my situation.

I have been in contact with several folks from PRP including Justin. They have been extremely helpful and apologetic about the situation. They are doing their best to make this right. I think that is very stand up on their part. I called them out on some issues and concerns and they are working to get them corrected.

There were some model year changes to the machine I bought the seats for and I fully understand that they cannot control that. I do feel that they could have handled this better or gotten out in front of it a little better(read: update their website or reach out to the customer if there may be a known issue).

They have offered to make up for my trouble and time and that is greatly appreciated. The seat with the poor fitting cover is on its way back to PRP and they have promised a quick turn around on the repair.

Long story short, PRP is still a stand up company. I am writing this experience off as an issue with the world we are currently living in. If you have any issues with PRP, reach out to them via their customer service contact number. They will do their best to make things right.

Thank you for your help Justin!

Here is a pic of the good seat. Looking forward to getting the other seat back.

Thank you, Paul for the update on the situation. If anything else arises, just let me know.

Hey TMac! It shouldn't be that way and sincerely apologize. As I wrote above staffing has been difficult for everyone during this time and we're doing our absolute best. We've raised wages across the board and are aggressively searching for more help.

That being said, call me today and I will review your order and get you sent a brand new bag and a t-shirt. As much as forum shaming sucks to see, I am happy that these are being made known so I can step in and do my job to make it right.

951-894-5104 ext 122.
[email protected]
Good talking to you Justin. Appreciate the follow up

Lack of support when sitting inclined and overall fit and finish is why, but the gap was just one of several things that were wrong on mine. Water draining isn't an issue with these seats anyway.