• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Custom PRP seat garbage

Yeah, that has been my experience as well. Quality went waaaaaay down when they changed hands.

Currently waiting on another pair of seats.

So far, the best seats I put my ass in were Corbeau Baja XPs. And they're affordable I think. But the seat back angle sucks.
Bebop,

Understand your concerns, and the only resbuttle I can say is June 2019 we changed from a 12,000sq/ft building into a new 44,000 sq/ft building and there was some learning curves on everything and it caused some hiccups then. With COVID now, back in April was skeleton crew and again in December. If we've ever done seats for you and they were less than A+, please let me know. I'd like the chance to make it right. [email protected]

Wow, someone coming from corporate America to a lil off road site to try and make things right! Im impressed, little things like that go along ways, kudo's to you...
Thanks, Zukimaster! I don't fall far from the off-road community working here. A lot of us are actually in it so we see this sort of stuff. I'm the Brand Manager for PRP and take every request personally if I'm given the chance to make it right. I appreciate Mark's understanding and willingness to allow me to do my part here.

If there's anything ever even if it's minuscule I'd like the chance to fix it.

I have a set of podium's bought back in 2016, love them! Read this yesterday and thought "oh boy, glad I got them when I did, and so sad to see another quality brand sold and watered down"

VERY glad to see you guys involved and making it right!

I would have posted sooner, but I was in the middle of plowing a 10" snowstorm. Justin from PRP called me today and he seemed genuinely concerned with the issues I had and was eager to get me a pair of seats that meets my expectations. I've since been sent a return label and Justin said the issue will be corrected right away. I asked about a timeline, he was hesitant to make any promises, but that's understandable imho. I just hope it's corrected and in a timely fashion.

Fingers crossed!

Bebop,

Understand your concerns, and the only resbuttle I can say is June 2019 we changed from a 12,000sq/ft building into a new 44,000 sq/ft building and there was some learning curves on everything and it caused some hiccups then. With COVID now, back in April was skeleton crew and again in December. If we've ever done seats for you and they were less than A+, please let me know. I'd like the chance to make it right. [email protected]

Justin,
I'm waiting on my replacement set of seats that should arrive soonish.
Provided that they are good to go I'll make a point to share here the positive outcome of this ordeal and how PRP handled it. If not, I guess I'll reach out to you.

Thank you for taking our concerns seriously though. Really helps seeing you care

Justin,
I'm waiting on my replacement set of seats that should arrive soonish.
Provided that they are good to go I'll make a point to share here the positive outcome of this ordeal and how PRP handled it. If not, I guess I'll reach out to you.

Thank you for taking our concerns seriously though. Really helps seeing you care
Bebop,

Please do. If they fall short in any way I'm here for it. Constructive criticism is the only way we can improve. We have to listen and I'm listening to all of you. Notes from this instance have already been brought up above me to combat this. As humans to say MFG has a 100% success rate every single time is nearly impossible, but where we fall short needs to be followed up with a response and taking care of those that got something sub-par. You can reach me at [email protected] if anything is needed.

Thank you all for being so understanding and kind during this matter.

Bebop,

Please do. If they fall short in any way I'm here for it. Constructive criticism is the only way we can improve. We have to listen and I'm listening to all of you. Notes from this instance have already been brought up above me to combat this. As humans to say MFG has a 100% success rate every single time is nearly impossible, but where we fall short needs to be followed up with a response and taking care of those that got something sub-par. You can reach me at [email protected] if anything is needed.

Man! This guy is way better than the sfwda guy...keep it up man. :dblthumb:

Having trouble getting these seats shipped back because it keeps snowing, I keep plowing, & my truck bed is full of salt & snow. I'm going to try & find a large leaf bag that'll fit these boxes so I don't get them wet.

Bebop,

This is good to see. I have always believed you can look better, after a mistake, if you repair it properly and promptly.

Justin @PRPSeats THANK YOU for chiming in. I had a pair of podiums in my personal buggy for years. Raced with them and trail rode. Literally so comfortable my wife would fall asleep trail riding. PRP has been the best seats available for years IMO. Glad to see you jumping in here and fixing things! I'll definitely continue to support PRP as long as folks like you are there to keep the quality where it should be!

Yeah I've recommended PRP to people many times for custom seats. Years ago I had custom PRPs made that weren't "catalog" spec, and was surprised to hear that they didn't do that anymore, and even more surprised by the quality issues that people had.

Finally able to drop both boxes off at a shipping place & Fedex will pick up by the end of today, so it'll probably be next Friday before PRP gets them. I'll update when information becomes available.

Summary....
Ordered 11/29/20
Recieved them on my birthday 2/5/21
Return authorization on 2/9/21
Shipped back on 2/12/21

Last edited:
I'm just disappointed that this is the first I've heard I could have put the podium cushions in my comp elite seats, and that it would sit an inch lower to boot. Why the f isn't that info posted on the site?

I'm just disappointed that this is the first I've heard I could have put the podium cushions in my comp elite seats, and that it would sit an inch lower to boot. Why the f isn't that info posted on the site?
I never heard it before either. All I did was scrutinize details with my OCD cranked to hi & realized I couldn't see a reason why they wouldn't swap, but questioned it regardless. I figured the Podium was just an armchair version of the Elite, but wasn't 100% on that. It took several calls & emails before I was confident they would once a woman who answered put me on hold while she went in the back and swapped them, and then gave it the GTG.

If I were PRP I'd seriously consider eliminating the Elite cushion entirely and use the Podium cushion for both, and I'm not just saying that because my Elites fit poorly. To me, the Podium cushion is just better by design.

Looks better with the split front cushion
Feels better without the front thigh riser
Cleans better with the 5th slot design
Removes better by 5th slot design

Last edited:
I have no idea if @PRPSeats presence on the board has anything to do with my replacements seats showing up, but all I know is they were on my door step this weekend.

Craftsmanship is good, I'm pleased with them.

There is still an issue to solve with the new pair though, but at this point I'm assuming it's a miscommunication issue and Justin will get that sorted in no time. I'll be sending him an email in a few mn.

Also, to be noted that the new seats also fit better in my seat mounts. The holes lined up great vs the other pair I got before which needed some prying to line everything up.

So far I don't mind the Elite cushion as bad as you @Waffle and one of my favorite options (front pocket) couldn't exist with the Podium cushion, because of the split in the middle. I do like the shape of the Podium one better though, with a smoother transition between the thigh and bottom part. I wish they offered something like the Baja XP :

315223156565abcb18854a4f.jpg

I'll try to send Justin a couple of constructive remarks on their seats. Maybe one day we will see an improved model that takes all of our ideas and turns them into the perfect suspension seat in the market. One can hope.

Basically, I wish they would offer a nicer cushion, taller headrest (distance between harness slot and top of headrest is way too small) and a reinforcement around the cutout for the 5th point slot in the mesh fabric (looks prone to cracking to me). And double sew the pocket there to to keep it from flopping around.
Also, they should offer a tall Podium. I went with the Comp series because they didn't offer a tall Podium, but if they did I would have totally bought those instead.

As you can see, I don't think I'm asking for too much, and with very little changes, I'm pretty sure the brand could come up with something that would be absolutely killer and the best suspension seat on the market.

That said, I'm still glad I went with PRP seats and used my money to buy a US made product.

Last edited:
I have no idea if @PRPSeats presence on the board has anything to do with my replacements seats showing up, but all I know is they were on my door step this weekend.

Craftsmanship is good, I'm pleased with them.

There is still an issue to solve with the new pair though, but at this point I'm assuming it's a miscommunication issue and Justin will get that sorted in no time. I'll be sending him an email in a few mn.

Also, to be noted that the new seats also fit better in my seat mounts. The holes lined up great vs the other pair I got before which needed some prying to line everything up.

So far I don't mind the Elite cushion as bad as you @Waffle and one of my favorite options (front pocket) couldn't exist with the Podium cushion, because of the split in the middle. I do like the shape of the Podium one better though, with a smoother transition between the thigh and bottom part. I wish they offered something like the Baja XP :

315223156565abcb18854a4f.jpg

I'll try to send Justin a couple of constructive remarks on their seats. Maybe one day we will see an improved model that takes all of our ideas and turns them into the perfect suspension seat in the market. One can hope.

Basically, I wish they would offer a nicer cushion, taller headrest (distance between harness slot and top of headrest is way too small) and a reinforcement around the cutout for the 5th point slot in the mesh fabric (looks prone to cracking to me). And double sew the pocket there too to keep it from flopping around.
Also, they should offer a tall Podium. I went with the Comp series because they didn't offer a tall Podium, but if they did I would have totally bought those instead.

As you can see, I don't think I'm asking for too much, and with very little changes, I'm pretty sure the brand could come up with something that would be absolutely killer and the best suspension seat on the market.

That said, I'm still glad I went with PRP seats and used my money to buy a US made product.
Did you get the double tall's? If you don't mind, throw a tape on there and tell me what the real world measurement is from the butt to the top of the headrest and to the shoulder harnesses. I'm just curious how they measure up when they're new.

I will.

I should have somewhere the dimensions for:

Normal height Comp Elite
+2" Comp Elite
+2" Comp Pros
+4" Comp Pros

Latest posts