• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Custom Splice

bushhog750

I'm waiting on a part but haven't received it yet. It's only been a few days but not sure if he's out of town or what.

Re: Think twice before ordering anything from Custom Splice

bushhog750 said:
I've been waiting for an in stock part to ship for over a week now. Their shipping sucks ****. There are many places out there that sell winch rope and winch accessories. I highly recommend using them if you want your order somewhat on time.

:dunno:

Ordered a fairlead last year and had it in a few days. Have you asked why it hasn't shipped?

I emailed first, no response. Called 4 times today to see what was up. Got thru on the 4th call and all he could say was it's been a busy week. I get people get busy but if you're running a business you need to expect and hope to be busy. I wouldn't care much if I wasn't waiting on the parts to finish up and get my rig back going again.

I've ordered 3 ropes and fair leads from him and always had good luck :dunno:

Excellent prices too

If I want something in a hurry I try to find a place I can walk in and pick it up, ordering online and having it shipped you never know what is going to happen, and I expect at least a week to get anything I order online.

I had no problem with custom splice the last 3 times I ordered. FYI, if you are ordering rope, ask him what he has in random cut lengths and he will usually hook ya up! thumb.gif

Never had any trouble, super fast shipping for me. Its just him and his wife doing it, occassionally a family member helps.

As mentioned, ask about odd length ropes for killer deals. Add them to FB to watch for other deals and blems

Elliott said:
If I want something in a hurry I try to find a place I can walk in and pick it up, ordering online and having it shipped you never know what is going to happen, and I expect at least a week to get anything I order online.
It's been over a week and the part has not shipped. It will be another week I'd say before I get it if they ship it Monday.

bushhog750 said:
It's been over a week and the part has not shipped. It will be another week I'd say before I get it if they ship it Monday.

He's been at events since last Friday. Big meat run and then the Highlifter Mud Nationals. The machinist was supposed to be handling orders while Todd was out; I'm sure he'll get an earful on Monday. He just left the park, and will be back at the shop Monday morning.

I have always got great service with them also.

I have heard a lot of good things about them from a few guys I ride with on here.

I'm actually about to place an order with them this week.

I made Todd aware of this thread on facebook. As it has already been stated he is on the road, and said he would register and respond to this thread (as well as the issue) as soon as he was able to.

fl-krawler said:
I made Todd aware of this thread on facebook. As it has already been stated he is on the road, and said he would register and respond to this thread (as well as the issue) as soon as he was able to.
I appreciate the information. I know we all get busy and things go to **** quick. But while I was on the phone asking when my order was going to ship the guy asked me if I was the one who wanted a refund since the product had not shipped. I said no I'm not that guy but it looks as if the shipping department could use some help. He again said this week has been crazy. I understand, but once again when I pay for something and they get my money I expect my parts to be delivered in a timely manner. The part was not out of stock and was a very simple one item order. It was simply not put in the mail. And judging by the phone call I'm not the only person dealing with this right now.

Todd is a great guy, i've had nothing but good experiences with them and their product.

I'm glad everyone else is happy with them. I'm damn sure not impressed.

A really small company that has been promoting and helping out at two consecutive events didn't ship your product in a week and you slam them? Have you ever heard of lead times from companies like stazworks?

I ordered a light bar from Dan at Ruff Stuff and didn't get even an email for two months until I called. They were waiting to ship all my parts because an led taillight was backordered. Should I slam him and start a thread? IMO you jumped the gun. It's a very small business, that I can assure has few if any complaints.