• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Custom Splice

Re: Think twice before ordering anything from Custom Splice

sleepsontoilet said:
A really small company that has been promoting and helping out at two consecutive events didn't ship your product in a week and you slam them? Have you ever heard of lead times from companies like stazworks?

I ordered a light bar from Dan at Ruff Stuff and didn't get even an email for two months until I called. They were waiting to ship all my parts because an led taillight was backordered. Should I slam him and start a thread? IMO you jumped the gun. It's a very small business, that I can assure has few if any complaints.
Hey good for you, you can wait on your parts for months. I paid for mine and I expect them to be shipped. It's not like the part was back ordered or not in stock. They simply didn't ship it. It's my money and my time. I think 5 days is plenty of time to stick something in the mail. Had they let me know that it would be over a week before my part would ship I would be completely fine with that.

bushhog750 said:
Hey good for you, you can wait on your parts for months. I paid for mine and I expect them to be shipped. It's not like the part was back ordered or not in stock. They simply didn't ship it. It's my money and my time. I think 5 days is plenty of time to stick something in the mail. Had they let me know that it would be over a week before my part would ship I would be completely fine with that.

nice backpedal d-bag.

Theres definitely times to rip vendors, your rip is bullshit. Me personally I'd refund your your money, and tell you to lose my number.

Bad seller thread.....how about a bad buyer thread.

I believe you support vendors who support what we do. Custom Splice embodies that, they are at a lot of events, and its a two man shop (Todd & his wife). If your order was a few days "late" in your terms, rejoice that maybe his small business is enjoying some success, and hasnt been squeezed out by Obama.

Bushhog750, in my list of people I'd never sell to.

bushhog750 said:
Had they let me know that it would be over a week before my part would ship I would be completely fine with that.

Did you ask? I always ask lead times on anything I ship.

And while I get your urgency, a week is not exactly long enough to publicly bash them.

customcj7 said:
Did you ask? I always ask lead times on anything I ship.

And while I get your urgency, a week is not exactly long enough to publicly bash them.
No I didn't ask because they said it was in stock and would be going out. Then Friday when it didn't show up with my other parts I called and was informed that it didn't get shipped yet. I don't feel me placing an order Monday morning and it still not being shipped friday is great service.

Todd goes out a few times a year to support people at events etc. He is constantly giving ropes to good causes, will do custom stuff for you and so on. He will go the extra mile. He just finally started making his fairleads in house and his machinist stayed back from Mud Nats to take care of all of custom splice. Apparently your order fell through the cracks. Knowing Todd he will make it more than right to his detriment just to make sure you are a satisfied customer in the end. That said, I'd just refund your money, say sorry it happened this way, but I've found that a customer that gets this unhappy from a small incident is a customer I don't want. Never be happy.
We'll see what Todd does, but I'd say he'll make it right. Way to publically blast a vendor without actually talking to the vendor. You talked to a fill, and if you weren't satisfied with the answer, you go to the next level up until you are talking to THE guy that makes it happen. Instead it was easier to go on a forum and post something that might take away thousands in business. No bueno.

blacksheep10 said:
Todd goes out a few times a year to support people at events etc. He is constantly giving ropes to good causes, will do custom stuff for you and so on. He will go the extra mile. He just finally started making his fairleads in house and his machinist stayed back from Mud Nats to take care of all of custom splice. Apparently your order fell through the cracks. Knowing Todd he will make it more than right to his detriment just to make sure you are a satisfied customer in the end. That said, I'd just refund your money, say sorry it happened this way, but I've found that a customer that gets this unhappy from a small incident is a customer I don't want. Never be happy.
We'll see what Todd does, but I'd say he'll make it right. Way to publically blast a vendor without actually talking to the vendor. You talked to a fill, and if you weren't satisfied with the answer, you go to the next level up until you are talking to THE guy that makes it happen. Instead it was easier to go on a forum and post something that might take away thousands in business. No bueno.
I see your reasoning. I really do, and say my order did fall thru the cracks. But when I call how am I supposed to know that I'm speaking with a fill in. Anyone that works for my small company is a direct relation to me, and they are expected to act accordingly. I don't honestly care if he refunds my small amount of money and does not want my business. If it happened to me it's also happening to others judging by the conversation I had with the gentleman on the phone.

What I meant is if you got an uneasy feeling talking to the person on the phone, like you thought they sounded inexperienced, unfamiliar, etc, then you can always ask for the next person up, ask for a cell number, whatever it takes to get satisfaction, call back the next day, yell, whatever. I see forum vendor bashing as a last resort. That is how he feeds his kid.

blacksheep10 said:
What I meant is if you got an uneasy feeling talking to the person on the phone, like you thought they sounded inexperienced, unfamiliar, etc, then you can always ask for the next person up, ask for a cell number, whatever it takes to get satisfaction, call back the next day, yell, whatever. I see forum vendor bashing as a last resort. That is how he feeds his kid.
I do agree with you. I wish I had not posted this as I did not take into account he was away which I did not know. I went with Custom Splice because I always try to keep my business with the ones that support our sport even if it cost me a few more dollars at times. I should not have posted this as I did not realize he was a small business either. He popped up on Facebook and I looked at his prices and was very impressed. I placed my order and parts did not show. I had no idea he was that involved with our sport. Honest mistake on my part and I will take my lashings.

blacksheep10 said:

Way easier to smear a good company that you know nothing about except have one "in your opinion" bad experience by getting behind that keyboard and plugging away at the hate. Vs. picking up a phone and trying to solve the problem.

Instant gratification d-bags are everywhere today. Sorry not all parts in offroad are sitting in an Amazon warehouse somewhere waiting on you to click you mouse and exercise your Prime membership.

bushhog750 said:
I do agree with you. I wish I had not posted this as I did not take into account he was away which I did not know. I went with Custom Splice because I always try to keep my business with the ones that support our sport even if it cost me a few more dollars at times. I should not have posted this as I did not realize he was a small business either. He popped up on Facebook and I looked at his prices and was very impressed. I placed my order and parts did not show. I had no idea he was that involved with our sport. Honest mistake on my part and I will take my lashings.
Ok, sounds good. I'd say see if you can edit the title of the thread to something less derogatory but still on topic so that people that click on it hear your story, read the other feedback and get the general idea of the thread. For those that only scan the threads on the top page a lot of impressions are made just by title browsing. Not telling you what to do, simply saying that I'd hate to see his business get hurt from a misunderstanding. And again, If I were a betting man, I'd say he'll make it more than right with you. He's a good dude, even if he does have a huge mullet

InDaShop said:
Way easier to smear a good company that you know nothing about except have one "in your opinion" bad experience by getting behind that keyboard and plugging away at the hate. Vs. picking up a phone and trying to solve the problem.

Instant gratification d-bags are everywhere today. Sorry not all parts in offroad are sitting in an Amazon warehouse somewhere waiting on you to click you mouse and exercise your Prime membership.
I think he gets the idea, but I also hope that others read this and think twice before posting up that so and so is a bad vendor. I know I'm a one man show, and when I go to KOH I have near zero signal and have a hard time fielding customer questions and staying on top of shipping/billing/tech etc. That's normally a 7-11 day gig for me. I try my best to put out there I'll be gone, but a random customer that isn't on the forums/doesn't know or care what KOH is will think I'm just dropping the ball.

blacksheep10 said:
Ok, sounds good. I'd say see if you can edit the title of the thread to something less derogatory but still on topic so that people that click on it hear your story, read the other feedback and get the general idea of the thread. For those that only scan the threads on the top page a lot of impressions are made just by title browsing. Not telling you what to do, simply saying that I'd hate to see his business get hurt from a misunderstanding. And again, If I were a betting man, I'd say he'll make it more than right with you. He's a good dude, even if he does have a huge mullet
Fixed

bushhog750 said:

Thanks, you got my respect back with this post. You won't be sorry for choosing his product i can promise you that.

Neal3000 said:
Thanks, you got my respect back with this post. You won't be sorry for choosing his product i can promise you that.
I made a mistake and am not ashamed to admit it.

Re: Custom Splice

Now if you want to know someone that deserves bashing, ask me about my shocks.............

InDaShop said:
Sorry not all parts in offroad are sitting in an Amazon warehouse somewhere waiting on you to click you mouse and exercise your Prime membership.

Ironically enough, a lot of Custom Splice's stuff IS on Amazon and available for Prime shipping.

Since nobody else in this thread seems to know Brian (Bushog), I want to personally vouch for him being a good dude. He's voluntarily went out of his way to help me several different times lately and even offered me some free, not so cheap parts just because he no longer needed them, instead of trying to sell them to me or someone else. Before that, I didn't know him from Adam's housecat. Says a lot about his character, in my opinion. I completely understand his frustration with this, not everyone knows everybody in the wheeling world, vendors and such. He ordered, paid, did not receive his parts in a timely manner, called to see what was up being that he needed the part to continue fabrication on his buggy (just like most any of you would do, if you didn't know the vendor personally, or anything about his business), and received less than sufficient customer service regarding answers as to what the deal was. I would have been irritated as well as I don't know anything about the vendor either, other than what details that now have been emitted in this thread.

I'm glad this thread worked itself out and Custom Splice was able to retain their reputation as being a top notch vendor. From how many of you that have vouched for the vendor, I can certainly assume that he and his wife run their business the way a good, reputable business should be ran, and offer great pricing to the wheeling community. The folks left in charge during the vendor's absence dropped the ball, which is not too uncommon when one fills duties he or she is not accustomed to doing on the regular and staff is shorthanded. So I completely understand that side of things also. These things happen. The thing is, aside from the ones knowing the vendor personally and understanding his agenda and function of his business, when you publicly market your product via the web, you deal with just that.... the PUBLIC, the majority of which knows nothing about the business' form and function. I'm by no means saying anything negative about the vendor, these sort of things are bound to happen and likely will not be the last. Some things are just hard to avoid during certain circumstances and it's more understandable when given reasoning as to why, to the customer involved...just as Brian accepted and understood the circumstances once light was shed, and retracted his negative feedback like a respectful human being should.

I just wanted to share my experience with Brian, so you all are assured he isn't the douche on the bad buyer's list that Wyatt is trying to make him out to be lol. C'mon Wyatt, don't be so quick to throw someone under the bus :flipoff1: ......X