• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cut a sticky SX today!!

Neal3000 said:
Has anyone ever cut an SX sidewall?

I got a bad pinch flat on a 38.5x14.5 SX, cut 3 holes in the side wall. Got it vulcanized. That was from running 2 psi and slamming into a undercut ledge at a moderate rate of speed (3rd gear rev limiter all it would do... but in a Toyota...)

Neal3000 said:
Has anyone ever cut an SX sidewall?

<---this guy put a 2" root through a 38 right where the sidewall tread ends. In fairness, it was a tire that could have been as old as I am and street worn almost to the cords. Im not sure if you could count it as a "cut", but it dam sure went right through it. I was riding the fire roads right after they re-plowed it, came into a corner kinda hard, pushed to the outside and POP. The root was sticking out to the inside of the turn on the outside berm.

6ec5938012a76e27f94a51d131e8d2ec.jpg

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Re:

That's a penny in the upper end of the cut where it didn't go all the way through, my buddy stuffed enough plugs in it for me to ride the rest of the day, I have pics before the plugs and a pic of the rock but my phone won't upload them for some reason.

That is just bad luck !! But that is one shitty gash in the tire.
That is what happens when you :woot: :woot:

I would say you need more air in the tire. Looks like it folded over on it and cut it.
But I am just a flunky.

Re:

Thanks bjeep, just trying to keep this from happening as much, hell when I went to take those pics last nite my right rear was flat, IDK, Kush may be on to something with those Krawlers.