• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Da burp cure

skipnrocks

Talking with an old time racer and he swears tires burp because they use lube to mount them and the residue allows them to always have some slickness. He swears if you use spray away glass cleaner to get it slick it will dry away and not leave a residue thus ending the burp. Anyone ever tried this or hear of it?

I have not tried it. My dad runs slime in his tires. His creepies burped all the time untill he added slime and never since then

I know some folks use duct tape on the rim also.

I use duct tape and 1 quart of Slime in each tire. Never had one to burp. The Slime washes off easy with a garden hose if you have to change a tire.

I haven't had a problem on my Racelines but I also got them off a friend with the tires already mounted so who knows if he did anything to prevent this. How many layers of duct tape?

Weezul said:
How many layers of duct tape?

I used 2 rounds of Gorilla Tape. I added the Slime later after I bent and hammer straightened the Raceline steel wheels.

Weezul said:
I haven't had a problem on my Racelines but I also got them off a friend with the tires already mounted so who knows if he did anything to prevent this. How many layers of duct tape?

as many as you can and still get the bead to seat. Old buggy I had the number of wraps written on the inner side of the wheel to make life a little easier.

So forgive me for being dumb. But I've never taped a tire. Is it is simple as wrapping tape around the inner bead of the wheel then reseating ? My front drivers tire burps all the time. If you see me on a trail I'm probably adding air to that tire.

The Luke said:
So forgive me for being dumb. But I've never taped a tire. Is it is simple as wrapping tape around the inner bead of the wheel then reseating ? My front drivers tire burps all the time. If you see me on a trail I'm probably adding air to that tire.

Before trying all that work try some slime. Buy a gallon put half in each tire. My kids run bfg stickies on a 17 no beadlock and never loose a bead at 6psi. My dad's treps burped every run especially the front passenger. After slime never again. Not sure why it works so good

Already did it. Two hold air for good. Right rear leaks down over 2-3 weeks. Front left will burp enough that I don't even put the 12v compressor away

The Luke said:

No friggin joke.

Funny story about duct tape on the inner bead I had a set of wire out iroks that only worked at like 3 psi but would de-bead all the time so got tired of messing with it and did 6 rounds of gorilla tape and had to buff down the edge with a flap wheel to get the bead to get started over the rounds of tape long story short it was on there for good I had to use a trackhoe to break down the tires when I got a huge hole in one that i couldn't stuff enough plugs in