• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Damn, didnt hear about this ..... Lil dood killed at a Monster jam

P

If its free, its P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ytzs_TE8c

That's the suck... I wonder what part it was... almost looked like the engine popped or something on that corner seemed the truck stopped dead in the water. What a freak accident and tragic one at that. :-\

Yeah, someone at work was just telling me about that a few minutes ago. Hate to see something like that.

it is very traggic.

yeah at the xrra race at grey rock on the big hill climb on the back side an ear of a front axle shaft spun off and cleared between 2 girls that were sitting on the ground. the girls were texting and the ear was head level. could of been bad. the ear ended up hitting a guy(that was behind the girls) on his inner thigh, which would of been bas as well....

I believe it was the Slip Yoke on the rear DriveShaft. It really sucks, think about how the guy driving the Truck feels.
I think about stuff like this all the time when I am standing on the side of a hill and watching the DriveShafts.

X2. I always think about a front joint spitting out and slamming me or someone else in the head, so many moving parts.... I am the worlds worse at wanting to be up front but sometimes even far away in this case didn't matter.

This is terrible news.....

A long time ago a buddy of mine was on Whiskey Springs and broke a front shaft, a piece of the ear when whizzing through the air. I could hear it and it hit a 12 year old or so kid over close to me in the knee. He yelled and a small stream of blood was running down his knee. If that had hit someone in the eye it would have not been good.

I was in Tellico one year squated down on Lower 2 spotting a friend of mine when his lockout hub exploded. Good thing I had my hand somewhat between my legs cause the damn thing hit my hand. I thought it broke my hand. :eek: Would have really sucked if it had got me in the jewels! ;D

I Beleive the Reports That I read said it was a Disc like Object! My Guess it was a pinion Brake Disc! That Not a good deal. And I feel for the Family!
does anybody remember the Fatal accident that happened at flat Nasty off road Park and year or so ago?? A Truck Dislodged a Huge Rock and one guy didn't get out of the way... Sad Deal I Hate to see anybody that enjoying the Sport Get Hurt let alone Lose their Life... Prayers go out to all family's That Have suffered a loss like that
Al

Blueyellow said:
I Beleive the Reports That I read said it was a Disc like Object! My Guess it was a pinion Brake Disc! That Not a good deal. And I feel for the Family!
does anybody remember the Fatal accident that happened at flat Nasty off road Park and year or so ago?? A Truck Dislodged a Huge Rock and one guy didn't get out of the way... Sad Deal I Hate to see anybody that enjoying the Sport Get Hurt let alone Lose their Life... Prayers go out to all family's That Have suffered a loss like that
Al

Yep I remember the Flat Nasty ordeal... Duane (techtafab on here) called me that day to tell me about it/see if I knew the guy cause they were wheelin' up at the park that weekend. Sad deal.

do yall think that a settlement is in order?
do yall think that anyone should be held liable?
or is it just an accident that could not have been foreseen?

i think its just a freak occurance.

i mean everybody knows they gnna tryn sue the pants off somebody, just who do yall think should be held accountable?

It is a freak accident, but I'm sure someone will sue somebody and I can't say that I disagree.

I'd imagine the promoter's event insurance would be accountable.

Well you can look at it in many ways. The promoter purchases insurnace to cover that sort of thing, however, the insurance company is not going to just come out and say ok were sorry, heres ya bunch of money. They are going to see if all possible safe guards were in place and then they will make a piss pour settlement offer, which will cause the family to become irrate. The family's lawyer gets around 40 percent of the settlement. So while the family is irrate over the low offer, the family lawyer will begin his pumping of the family to go after the event promoter individually. From there it will probably only get worst as the lawyer tries to increase his earning by sueing for even more money. All the while he will be handling the case at no cost to the family. In the end it will go to court and depending on the jury, the events promoter could be ruined over a simple accident that he could not have controlled if he had to. Mean while the family been put through hell all because of a greedy lawyer and insurance company. When parks and events purchase insurance for protection, they are only hiring a lawyer through and insurance agent that will eventually watch them get burned.

Next time you are at your favorite park wheeling and you see sombody with out their seatbelt on, or they are hanging half out of their vehicle watching their tires, Step up and tell them to put their seatbelt on or to get in their vehicle. That may be the difference in you having some where to wheel in the future or not. As far as the family who suffered this increadable loss at the monster truck show, my heart goes out to them. I don't know what I would do if I lost one of my three kids.

Well said

the driver and team that the part was from probably also feels like **** and will also get drug throw the muck too.

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds and maybe other motorsports (crawlin or racin) can learn from it. A similar situation in rock sports would probably end the teams career, the event promoter's series and everyone involved lives

rock yuppie said:
Next time you are at your favorite park wheeling and you see sombody with out their seatbelt on, or they are hanging half out of their vehicle watching their tires, Step up and tell them to put their seatbelt on or to get in their vehicle. That may be the difference in you having some where to wheel in the future or not. As far as the family who suffered this increadable loss at the monster truck show, my heart goes out to them. I don't know what I would do if I lost one of my three kids.

i had to tell several guys at WITC to put thier seatbelts on during new years... It doesnt take but just a second for a ****up. :indianajones:

Was Watching Stuff on YOu tube and they are Talking about Nets in Between the Crowd and Vehicles!!!!! Is that Really Gonna Stop a Flying part?
As Far As I am concerned a it was feak deal and As much as hate to say it..... No one is at fault....It is Different Than being out on the trail Watching Guys Wheel it out, But, There are Risks invovled in everything you do! What if The Dad stepped on a Stair wrong and fell down the stairs hit his head wrong and Died? That would fall into the Same Catagory as far as I am concerned. IT Sucks and Hate to see it But Nobody is at fault It was situation That Nobody can expect or prevent from happening. "HUMAN NATURE" "RIGHT TO FREE WILL" My Heart Goes out to them But Nobody Should get SUE HAPPY over the Deal! My 2.5 Cents
Al