• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 60 conversion

crawler1

I am running a high pinion rear Dana 60 with 35 spine axles and a ford 9 inch setup up on the out side for bearings . I keep exploding the mossier bearings every time i go wheeling . I am wanting to try to convert it to a full floater rear end . I just purchased a dana 60 rear semi floater and i am planing on cutting it up and using the outer axle tube spindles and weld them on to my rear high pinion 60 to make it a full floater . i also have purchased a set of 6 lug dana 60 hubs hopping to try to put them on the rear to make it a full floater . My question is this all going to be possible to convert ,or should i just build a new rear end and scrap the idea . My main problem is were do i get full floater 35 spline axles made . I have heard that Adam Woodlee is the man to talk to on this . I have heard he has done this a time or two . Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated on this ..

If you bought a semi floater rear axle then you bought what you already have. As for converting what you have, buy a full floater rear axle and cut off the spindles and have them bored out to fit 35 spline shafts then weld them on, or have them welded on since they have to be precise.

What years are the semi floaters in ?

If i sell what i have i was looking at one of the new hybird 14 bolts . but i seen a few people are having trouble with the company . So I would probably put a spider trax in the rear like i all ready have in the front .

Another option is to put the unit bearing on it. Woodlee or Branik for the shafts. Depending on whare yopu are Hudlow in the Chatt. area can build you a nice axle also.

Toddy

I have looked at the spider trax unit bearing setup . I really like the front end from them that i have . That may be my best and easiest way with out build another rear end ..

Another option is just buying 14 bolt spindles instead of boring 60s. Weld them on and go full float.

TwinStick said:
Another option is just buying 14 bolt spindles instead of boring 60s. Weld them on and go full float.

I thoguht that 14 bolts were semi floaters , and i would like to keep the 6 x 5. 50 pattern on my axle seeing that i have 6 different sets of tires and wheels that are 6 lug

Latest posts