• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Daystar bumps

I run them in the rear of my rig, been in there 1 year so far without problems. I like the idea of playing with the different inserts to change the stiffness. I played with the dual rate adjusters on my coil overs to make sure the spring rate ramps up so as not to rely on the bumps 100% to stop travel. I run a rear TK1 sway bar that also helps to keep me off the bumps at full flex. They seem to come into play mostly when I drop the rear in off a big ledge. I honestly don't think would live if you needed them for every little bump you hit. That foam is gonna break down pretty quick from what I read. But for stopping wheel travel right at max flex, they seem to do the job.

The upside is that in the future if I decide they are not up to the task, I can swap in some proper air bumps into the same cans. I chose them during my build because of the cost, parts were adding up quick. I made a few concessions during the build, things like this that were easily changed.

Thanks for reply but I did some research and yeah not for me. Just ordered new air bumps instead

good choice not going with these, I had them on a rig for the same reason as JEEPKEVIN and they lasted a couple of rides under hard use. Air Bumps are teh way to go.

I put in a set of "used acceptable" ones form Amazon. I figure if they suck I can put air bumps in the same cans later. Only been on one ride since install and they aren't destroyed yet

I ran them a couple rides because the previous owner of my roller chassis already had them installed and they were not for me. replaced them with air bumps and am much happier with their performance. for the price of these things new, you can find NIB air bumps for just a few dollars more and have a much better product.
I guess if you did not already have a nitrogen set-up, air bumps could get a little more pricey though, but you could probably get discount tire to fill them with nitrogen for you?

Latest posts