• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Daytona 500

Eddyj

Any of you window lickers going to the 500??
I got a job and get to hang out at the track for a week.

Eddyj said:
Any of you window lickers going to the 500??
I got a job and get to hang out at the track for a week.

When I retire, I am gonna come work for you for a summer and make the circuit. I think it would be cool to go see random towns.

I was contracted by Toyota racing.
I got to meet Kyle Bush, I guess he's supposed to be the "hard ass" of nascar. I wasn't intimidated.
The only cool part of going to a nascar event was I got to meet Bryan Deegan, his daughter Hailie drives for Toyota.

tonybolton said:
So from a non NASCAR watching person... That Austin Dillon guy looks like a piece of **** to me.

http://youtu.be/3uc23GbGyhk

Nah, when you start weaving around to block you shed a lot of speed, and Dillon had a boiler full of steam built up and was not letting out. It's a **** move to block the FASTER car anyway. It's racing. Plus, Aric is a wierd name. **** him.

Lol.... at the first of your comment I didn't understand and then I started to disagree but then I realized we're friends with your last two words.

Hahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha

Its been years since I followed Nascar (I used to hit 6-10 races a year) I lost interest about the time the "car of tomorrow" came out. I did not even know they started allowing the #3 back on the track :dunno:

I'm not a fan. I don't hate it, I just don't really care about it. But I can appreciate anything automotive.
After spending the week down there, I would go to a race in box seats. Damn sitting out in the sun all day. After about 50 laps you get the jist of it

We shut down as the big race started. By then I didn't even care to walk over and watch it.

dwa2469 said:
Its been years since I followed Nascar (I used to hit 6-10 races a year) I lost interest about the time the "car of tomorrow" came out. I did not even know they started allowing the #3 back on the track :dunno:

same here.

I could probably still name a roster from a 1998 race, I couldnt tell you more than a handful of drivers today. Definitely not the same . I sound like a toothless redneck, but damn they have gotten farther and farther away from what made it a sport that the average car guy could relate to.

Kubotaorange76 said:
same here.

I could probably still name a roster from a 1998 race, I couldnt tell you more than a handful of drivers today. Definitely not the same . I sound like a toothless redneck, but damn they have gotten farther and farther away from what made it a sport that the average car guy could relate to.

I quit watching when they did away with the SS Monte Carlos in the 80's. I watched for a few races, then my aunt bought a Lumina and I wanted to check out that smallblock under the hood... I thought it was horse **** they weren't using cars with a factory firewall and floorpan.

TRUCNUT said:
I have mine can I Drive for you
Only if you like being paid in large amounts of cash for working Saturday at midnight to Sunday at noon.
I'm actually doing a lot in West Tn this year if you know of any drivers that need extra cash.
There's a couple of people on this forum who can vouch for me.