• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Diesel Excursion Build - Project Towverlander

I love my excursion, that's a nice clean one, not many of those left. Looking forward to the updates

I love my excursion, that's a nice clean one, not many of those left. Looking forward to the updates

Yeah, y'all know by my screen name and my posts that I'm a Mopar guy through and through. But I will tell you this, I would love to have a 7.3 Excursion or a Cummins swapped Excursion. That and a fox body are the only 2 Ford's that I would ever own.:****:

Side note: I did actually own a 85 GT when I was 17 in 1999. Wish I would've never sold it. I would like to own another one someday. Those were the most badass cars when I was a teenager, so I've always had a soft spot for them. Of course my dream version would be a fox body with a late model HEMI in it.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
My Excursion is getting some upgrades right now @ the body shop.
LineX roof, new rockers & an 07 frontend.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
My Excursion is getting some upgrades right now @ the body shop.
LineX roof, new rockers & an 07 frontend.
My rockers are completely shot. Ya can't tell when doors are closed. Other than that mine is in great shape. Where you get replacement rockers at?

Well since the Excursion is rumored to be making a comeback we figured we would build one.

FYI. The rear hatch struts on a 2wd actually open more than a 4wd. It's a neat little mod to gain some more head room when standing in the back. Ford actually made the 4wd struts shorter so women could reach it when closing

what's the plan with the suspension? I watched a little of the video but not all. Easy cheap mod are f250/350 front and rear springs for easy lift to clear 35s. Also a 2005+ front axle swap is easy and gets you coil spring suspension They do make aftermarket 4 link kits that are basically bolt on kits.

warn hubs and get rid of the auto locking BS

don't go crazy on the exhaust. Drone in excursions are way worse than the crew cabs

another great mod is the factory wood steering wheel. Will never wear out like the leather ones

JL audio makes a AWESOME front center console stealth box subwoofer. It's bad ass and does not take up any rear cargo space. Bass up front is better than waaaay in the back.

IMO.. best look on the front end of these trucks is the 2005+ Color matched grill and bumper but with the Harley Davidson headlights

This was mine. Drove it for over 250k miles before selling it
3D6802EC-20F0-41C2-940E-2B887315147A.jpeg
F32D0714-6E20-4EF3-9FE9-F8E09506FABF.jpeg

We are thinking Super 60 swap with coil springs and radius arms for suspension and enough clearance to run 37s.
It's also supposed to make for a tighter turning radius.

Mine are in about the same shape. the fronts look good & solid but the rears are gone on both sides.
I'm letting my body man pick what it needs once he gets into it. I know he'll have to fab up a dogleg on driver side too.

My rockers are completely shot. Ya can't tell when doors are closed. Other than that mine is in great shape. Where you get replacement rockers at?

I have done most of the mods to my 7.3 crew cab that wer done to this Excursion not as big on the injector size and turbo. I tow with mine 90% of the time. The 1350 rpm stall converter and Mishimoto trans cooler put me most a ease. Very cool built for sure.

We are thinking Super 60 swap with coil springs and radius arms for suspension and enough clearance to run 37s.
It's also supposed to make for a tighter turning radius.
This is a solid plan that I'm considering the same. The larger unit bearing is a huge benefit as well.