• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Diesel fuel is in short supply

jeeppoor

Just ****ing great. It was bad enough before. Now there is a shortage of diesel fuel. They are talking about rationing it. Like that wont ruin everyone's summer. Let alone drive the already high prices of everything even higher. And you know sleepy joe not going to do anything about it.

Just ****ing great. It was bad enough before. Now there is a shortage of diesel fuel. They are talking about rationing it. Like that wont ruin everyone's summer. Let alone drive the already high prices of everything even higher. And you know sleepy joe not going to do anything about it.
Playing devils advocate here, but what would you like him to do about it? I think what you really need to be looking at is the oil/gas companies consistently posting record profits. Seems like simple supply and demand. When the demand is always there, they can set their price, consistently inching higher and higher. Eventually though, people will ask "why" enough times that they'll have to answer for it. Easiest thing to do is create a shortage and point the finger at that. Of course, with a shortage comes slightly less sales. Cue another price raise. Big oil knows they control the world. Without oil/gas/diesel, the modern world stops.

The only realistic solution I see is going to take a literal act of congress. But getting all those idiots on both sides to actually agree on something that would help everyone would be impossible. Also doesn't help that companies like ExxonMobil undoubtedly have their hands (money) in politics so that's another huge hurdle. All said, we're screwed.

With most Europeans suddenly off the Russian oil tit, it makes sense that American oil companies would start sending fuel over there. The oil companies are almost in a "name your price" scenario...

Playing devils advocate here, but what would you like him to do about it? I think what you really need to be looking at is the oil/gas companies consistently posting record profits. Seems like simple supply and demand. When the demand is always there, they can set their price, consistently inching higher and higher. Eventually though, people will ask "why" enough times that they'll have to answer for it. Easiest thing to do is create a shortage and point the finger at that. Of course, with a shortage comes slightly less sales. Cue another price raise. Big oil knows they control the world. Without oil/gas/diesel, the modern world stops.

The only realistic solution I see is going to take a literal act of congress. But getting all those idiots on both sides to actually agree on something that would help everyone would be impossible. Also doesn't help that companies like ExxonMobil undoubtedly have their hands (money) in politics so that's another huge hurdle. All said, we're screwed.
I really dont know where to start with that "what would you like him to do about it" comment . Rather than getting vulgar and being foolish let me ask you this . If trump was in office right now , would fuel be this high ? Would Russia and Ukraine be at war ? The answer is no . Donald Trump is by no means perfect or close to it .The fact that the Roe vs wade only got overturned by 3 votes bothers me more than fuel gouging. We live in the greatest country in the world by a landslide. And when there's a MAN running it everybody knows their place , weather it be oil companies or other countries.

Really. When Biden took office we were oil independent and actual selling oil. His first day in office was to stop the pipe line and stop drilling. The far left have a strangle hold on him. He is their puppet.
He just needs to reverse everything he did in the first 1/4 of him taking office.
I have no problem with the goin green idea. But it is not going to happen over night. In fact I don't think I will see it in my life time (I am 61). There is a lot of prep work and development that has to be done before we get rid of oil. It is in or used in almost everything.
OK Rant over (for now)

You can't go around constantly canceling oil leases and then blame oil and gas companies on the price or shortages. Just a few days ago this administration canceled more. So from the Oil and gas companies side why wouldn't you charge more? If the people voted for this administration and this administration keeps ending projects, leases or making it harder to sell/produce oil it seems to me the high prices are the gas companies reaction to the action taken against them.

1652711113142.png

Really. When Biden took office we were oil independent and actual selling oil. His first day in office was to stop the pipe line and stop drilling. The far left have a strangle hold on him. He is their puppet.
He just needs to reverse everything he did in the first 1/4 of him taking office.
I have no problem with the goin green idea. But it is not going to happen over night. In fact I don't think I will see it in my life time (I am 61). There is a lot of prep work and development that has to be done before we get rid of oil. It is in or used in almost everything.
OK Rant over (for now)
This is the reality. I'm in the oil and gas industry and am dealing with political blockades daily. Oil companies do not set oil prices. Let me repeat, they do not set oil prices, oil is a global industry. Supply and demand set prices. Do oil companies benefit from this? Absolutely. Same as paying $40k for a ****ing RZR and $25k for a beat up TJ. Demand for oil has gone up every year and will continue doing so, and supply has to increase to match. When drilling and pipelines are constantly protested and blocked, the global supply decreases. Normally oil companies invest a good portion of their profits into infrastructure, but it does not benefit the oil companies to spend billions building pipelines or refineries just to have them shut down mid-way through, like the Keystone. Does the President set oil prices? No obviously. Can a political power put barriers in place to decrease supply with rising global demand? Go check out the green numbers at the fuel stations.

Last edited:
If you think it is bad now I would buckle up for a wild ride! I work a lot on the finance side of the Agricultural industry. The way spring planting is going reminds me a lot of 2012 when it was a very wet spring and a hot dry summer. I would bet money by the end of summer you will see $9.00 per lb ground beef in the store. The problem is it's a never ending circle, if you blame the oil companies on high gas prices, then the packing companies should get hit, if they get hit then the lumber companies get hit, then the Auto producers. No one will touch any of it with a 100 ft pole in this Administration. All I can say is if you have the means at this point find a local farmer and get a 1/2 or a whole beef because it will be a wild ride this next year! All starting with diesel and planting crops.

If you think it is bad now I would buckle up for a wild ride! I work a lot on the finance side of the Agricultural industry. The way spring planting is going reminds me a lot of 2012 when it was a very wet spring and a hot dry summer. I would bet money by the end of summer you will see $9.00 per lb ground beef in the store. The problem is it's a never ending circle, if you blame the oil companies on high gas prices, then the packing companies should get hit, if they get hit then the lumber companies get hit, then the Auto producers. No one will touch any of it with a 100 ft pole in this Administration. All I can say is if you have the means at this point find a local farmer and get a 1/2 or a whole beef because it will be a wild ride this next year! All starting with diesel and planting crops.

Regarding the farm raised beef/meats, the semi local farmer we get beef and pork from is booked out for 8-10 months for new customers but no waiting list for returning customers.

The last cow we picked up ended up being $3.60 per pound regardless of cut and is 100% the way to go if you have the freezer space and meat eaters.

Throw in the fact that the govt forced all Maritime Diesel to switch to ULSD, which would have impacted this in 2020, but the pandemic pushed it out 2 yrs.

ESG. Black Rock, Vanguard and State Street have made it abundantly clear that fossil fuels are not in their vision of the future. They're leveraging your money they have invested in the oil producers to do whatever they deem acceptable and socially responsible (think green new deal) and not doing their fiduciary duties.

ESG. Black Rock, Vanguard and State Street have made it abundantly clear that fossil fuels are not in their vision of the future. They're leveraging your money they have invested in the oil producers to do whatever they deem acceptable and socially responsible (think green new deal) and not doing their fiduciary duties.
yeah that's what happens when the gov gets involved and gives tax incentives to encourage behavior (employee retirement accounts and health insurance).

Plus places like Vanguard just make it so damn easy to mindlessly invest in low cost mutual funds that have good track records

yeah that's what happens when the gov gets involved and gives tax incentives to encourage behavior (employee retirement accounts and health insurance).

Plus places like Vanguard just make it so damn easy to mindlessly invest in low cost mutual funds that have good track records
Bingo! Oil producers don't set the prices, the market dictates the prices, supply and demand. The Biden admin has them handcuffed by halting leases and then couple that with outfits like black rock that acts as a proxy majority stock holder and appoints their environmental cronies as board members who directly control the supply. My fear is that one day we will see this on the individual level, there's a lot of talk of doing away with the dollar and going to a digital currency, when that happens the government will have control of every financial transaction you make. Look how quickly the trucker's bank accounts in Canada were frozen for simply opposing government mandates.

So fast forward 7 months, and what's everyone thoughts on the "diesel shortage/running out of diesel" that's supposedly going to hit right before Thanksgiving?

Mid term propaganda!!! There was no shortage and will be no shortage but it sure is expensive

Attachments

• 3DA55A93-A6FD-486E-A857-D9493349D2FD.jpeg
    3DA55A93-A6FD-486E-A857-D9493349D2FD.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 83

Latest posts