• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Diesel shops in Wa??

charliesnyder

Hey guys, looking to find out what shops you guys use to get work done on your tow rigs..

I have a '97 F250 Powerstroke and after this tour am looking to get some work done to it.

Thanks,
Charlie

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I'm in Eatonville.. So the Oly-Tacoma-Puyallup area would be preffered... But I will travel for a good shop..

Come up with an idea of what you want to do with it. Injectors, turbo, tranny, etc? Then look for shops... You've got alot of options with a 97. More options if you upgrade particular parts to Super duty stuff too.

Come up with an idea of what you want to do with it. Injectors, turbo, tranny, etc? Then look for shops... You've got alot of options with a 97. More options if you upgrade particular parts to Super duty stuff too.

Right now I am looking into Chip(probably Wildman tunes), intake, exhaust(turbo back), possible tranny or TC?, guages. Nothing too wild just something to up my MPG and help with towing.

Have been doing a lot of reading about all the cheap DIY mods that can be done to my OBS and some reading on the SD HPOP.. What else can be swapped around?

You didn't say if you just wanted pmore power or just maintianance work, If your looking for a nice power upgrade I would get an edge evolution programmer and manual gauges to moniter temps. It takes minutes to install and really wakes up the old 7.3.:beer:

Hey guys, looking to find out what shops you guys use to get work done on your tow rigs..

I have a '97 F250 Powerstroke and after this tour am looking to get some work done to it.

Thanks,
Charlie

I know your down south, but I HIGHLY recomend Dynomite Diesel Performance in Monroe, Lenny will get you taken care of. They have done several things for me. I HIGHLY dont recomend Powershop in Enumclaw, they are right down the road from me but I have had nothing but problems with them and they will BS you on what you need to scam a buck.

I know your down south, but I HIGHLY recomend Dynomite Diesel Performance in Monroe, Lenny will get you taken care of. They have done several things for me. I HIGHLY dont recomend Powershop in Enumclaw, they are right down the road from me but I have had nothing but problems with them and they will BS you on what you need to scam a buck.

Hey thanks for all the input guys.. Looks like I'll be looking up DDP when I get home. I'm willing to drive to get quality work done. I want to do quite a bit of the work myself just have some things that are better left to the pro's.

You didn't say if you just wanted pmore power or just maintianance work, If your looking for a nice power upgrade I would get an edge evolution programmer and manual gauges to moniter temps. It takes minutes to install and really wakes up the old 7.3.:beer:

In post #9 I said I wanted to upgrade...:fawkdancesmiley:

Ive heard different things about the edge stuff on my first gen Strokers.. Was looking more along the lines of a Tony Wildman tuned 6 position chip..

Anyone on here chip there powerstrokes or just use the edge programmers?

I missed the wording in the post, I just read the first one. The six position chips are nice, I have never seen tony wildman stuff but I have seen other six positions and they are very nice. If your on the cheap do the 10k mod, it will add some low end power and cost is real cheap if you have somebody to do it.

I missed the wording in the post, I just read the first one. The six position chips are nice, I have never seen tony wildman stuff but I have seen other six positions and they are very nice. If your on the cheap do the 10k mod, it will add some low end power and cost is real cheap if you have somebody to do it.

I actually bought the resistors about 2 months ago.. But here I am in Iraq now so decide not to leave the wife with a new mod.. I picked up a set of 10K and 5.6k... You know anyone who's done the FPR shim? The BB in the fuel pressure regulator?

There are guys on the dieselstop.com that have done it. I have a buddy whom has the resitor on his truck and a 6 position bullydog chip on his truck and it really woke it up.:beer:

In post #9 I said I wanted to upgrade...:fawkdancesmiley:

Ive heard different things about the edge stuff on my first gen Strokers.. Was looking more along the lines of a Tony Wildman tuned 6 position chip..

Anyone on here chip there powerstrokes or just use the edge programmers?

My understanding of the edge products is that the downloaders, such as the evolution are good as far as malfunctions go, because they actually change the parameters in the computer.
IMO the Fooler type chips (like the juice w/attitude) are more prone to failure because they are changing the signals the computer receives. fooling it into thinking it needs more than it actually does.

The fuel pressure mod works well. I used to have a 95 truck with Swamps 175 injectors, superduty hpop, wildman tuned six position chip, and an OFE clutch. That truck was flippin' awesome. I have a set of gauges here at the house if you are interested. Also, the 10k mod works really well for the 23 cents it costs. Don't go over 10k ohms or it will throw all sorts of codes.

The fuel pressure mod works well. I used to have a 95 truck with Swamps 175 injectors, superduty hpop, wildman tuned six position chip, and an OFE clutch. That truck was flippin' awesome. I have a set of gauges here at the house if you are interested. Also, the 10k mod works really well for the 23 cents it costs. Don't go over 10k ohms or it will throw all sorts of codes.

PM Enroute...

And where did you find your HPOP? Thats the 17* one right?

Last edited: