• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Diesel shops in Wa??

In post #9 I said I wanted to upgrade...:fawkdancesmiley:

Ive heard different things about the edge stuff on my first gen Strokers.. Was looking more along the lines of a Tony Wildman tuned 6 position chip..

Anyone on here chip there powerstrokes or just use the edge programmers?

i just did the evolution and love it huge difference it mad e also have k@n and mbrp 4" turbo back but truck moves pretty good when it runs right

First off...Bag the resistors and 10K mod idea if you're doing a chip. Your chip will perform the same function without screwing up your ICP plug....

I have a TS 6 position chip reburned for the mods on my truck by Tony Wildman. I also have an edge evolution and have used both. I prefer the chip just because it can be changed on the fly. The Evo does fine too, the tunes are nice and safe and unlikely to hurt anything. Right now however the LCD display on it is going out... The SD Hpop will bolt onto 96/97 trucks. 94/95 trucks will need some mods to not end up with oil drainback issues and a hard start issue because of it. To use the SD turbo you'll need the matching pedistal and maybe have to clearance the firewall slightly but your options for turbos increases with this mod. For what you have planned your stock turbo should work fine. It sounds like you already know you need gauges but I'll say it again... Gauges, Gauges, Gauges....

Intake- Ditch the stock airbox ASAP. Don't use a K&N drop in...Terrible diesel rep and the stock airboxes had a recall for the bolts but it's best to just dump it. Tymar Performance in Spokane makes a nice kit or you can do it yourself with some exhaust pipe and a 6637? Baldwin/Napa filter. Or AFE$.

More Questions? www.nwforddiesels.com

Just took out the Edge and went with the Dp tuner, Don't even bother with the edge go straight for Dp tuner it is night and day it also has different strategies with the trans instead of just raising the pressure like the edge and others do. I think mine has like 12 different tunes in it. from valet mode 25mph, No Start, High idle 1200 rpm, 60hp, 80hp,140hp,stock with different shift points,
60-140 with shift different points And then like 4 tunes with methanol injection, and its all at the push of a button

First off...Bag the resistors and 10K mod idea if you're doing a chip. Your chip will perform the same function without screwing up your ICP plug....

I have a TS 6 position chip reburned for the mods on my truck by Tony Wildman. I also have an edge evolution and have used both. I prefer the chip just because it can be changed on the fly. The Evo does fine too, the tunes are nice and safe and unlikely to hurt anything. Right now however the LCD display on it is going out... The SD Hpop will bolt onto 96/97 trucks. 94/95 trucks will need some mods to not end up with oil drainback issues and a hard start issue because of it. To use the SD turbo you'll need the matching pedistal and maybe have to clearance the firewall slightly but your options for turbos increases with this mod. For what you have planned your stock turbo should work fine. It sounds like you already know you need gauges but I'll say it again... Gauges, Gauges, Gauges....

Intake- Ditch the stock airbox ASAP. Don't use a K&N drop in...Terrible diesel rep and the stock airboxes had a recall for the bolts but it's best to just dump it. Tymar Performance in Spokane makes a nice kit or you can do it yourself with some exhaust pipe and a 6637? Baldwin/Napa filter. Or AFE$.

More Questions? www.nwforddiesels.com

Was definately planning on a DIY intake for the truck. That and a 3" downpipe tp 4" exhaust. You like your TW Tunes? Get them from stealth? Definately going to do the 17* HPOP swap, been reading TONS about that lately.

I used PDR for my psd.. Dave was always very very fair on pricing and loves powerstrokes. Might check for him on NWforddiesel (stroketech)