• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dirtbike gas tank

CRANK1

Bones or any of you other motorcycle riders, i have a 1993 kawasaki kdx 250 that has a pin hole leak in the tank. i have search all around for one and have sent out to a motorcycle ring if you will that notifies different parts yards and still no response. dennis kirks doesnt show having a tank for that year and the new ones are around 270 which is crazy. i have heard of soldering the hole closed but have no idea how that works on a plastic tank. any help or info on this subject is much appreciated, this bike might make the trip to KOH so it is important to get fixed, plus i would like to ride this winter. i apologize if i dropped this in the wrong section btw.

I've known people that've had good luck using bar soap to fill in pinhole leaks. Other methods I've seen are to use a soldering iron on a empty, washed out tank to melt/fill the hole.

--JOsh

plastic welder it up. HF sells em. Some smuck around Houston has to know how to repair that. Tanks for something that old will be hard to find.

Hope it gets fixed, 2 smokes are danger Mr. Powers.....thank god it's Mile's middle name. laughing1

soap seems like a quick fix that i will try for sure. soldering it up makes me nervous cuz i am not 100% sure how to do it ( just get real close and fuse plastic together i assume). Plastic weldering it i have no idea wtf that is

Gotta be something(sealer) in the bike world available...if not I know something can be found in the industrial world...McMaster Carr is your friend!

CRANK1 said:
soap seems like a quick fix that i will try for sure. soldering it up makes me nervous cuz i am not 100% sure how to do it ( just get real close and fuse plastic together i assume). Plastic weldering it i have no idea wtf that is
Clean that bitch out good. leave the cap off maybe? Just touch the tank with the iron and seal it up. Is it really a pin hole or an a hole? booyang

the idea of some hardening compound was my next thought but i think the ideas that have been dropped here will give me a few to try adn if they all dont cut it then i will look into some form of glue/putty/epoxy set up

Bones said:
plastic welder it up. HF sells em. Some smuck around Houston has to know how to repair that. Tanks for something that old will be hard to find.

Hope it gets fixed, 2 smokes are danger Mr. Powers.....thank god it's Mile's middle name. laughing1

This is your best bet for a good solid fix. Have used it to fix many things from a bumper to olastic tanks. Make shure you buy the correct platic filler for the material that you are welding on.

I can send you a tube of CS3204B1/2 no worries after that **** sets up and the "B1/2" means 30 minute cure time once mixed ( its a 6oz kit )

is it something i can buy somewhere or is it some aircraft stuff that only you have the connection on?