• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dixie Run To Windrock For 2020?? TonyB Approved??

@J.P. I'm incredibly confused by part of the two hours I listened to the sfwda annual meeting the other day. I asked what y'all are doing to reopen gmp and the answer was "we've been in talks with the new owner about reopening and that is sold earlier this year". Which totally goes against the guys that were trying to buy it from Jayne about a month ago. So I'm calling bs on that one.

@J.P. I'm incredibly confused by part of the two hours I listened to the sfwda annual meeting the other day. I asked what y'all are doing to reopen gmp and the answer was "we've been in talks with the new owner about reopening and that is sold earlier this year". Which totally goes against the guys that were trying to buy it from Jayne about a month ago. So I'm calling bs on that one.

At this point I haven't talked to anyone directly who has been in contact with the property owner. Nor do I know who bought it. Or if in fact it's a final deal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it is. Lots of tight lips and hear say about that property.

At this point I haven't talked to anyone directly who has been in contact with the property owner. Nor do I know who bought it. Or if in fact it's a final deal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it is. Lots of tight lips and hear say about that property.

Also thank you for taking your time to listen, I really appreciate it.

@J.P. I tried my best. But I've got two little ones. Last thing I'm doing on the weekend is listening to all that nonsense. Lol

So then what was the guy hosting the meeting talking about? Or was that you? Older guy? I missed introductions, if they did them

You have more self-restraint than I
I was drunk and more concerned about not throwing up because Matt and Steve made me drink a lot of whiskey the night before. I was legitimately worried about puking on my jeep when we did the race. It was at the aop truggy olympics. Rough rough day.

@J.P. I tried my best. But I've got two little ones. Last thing I'm doing on the weekend is listening to all that nonsense. Lol

So then what was the guy hosting the meeting talking about? Or was that you? Older guy? I missed introductions, if they did them

The older Guy was Ray, really smart business man who just sold his company and retired. I have a young daughter myself so I get it. As far as what Ray was talking about( who I would consider a credible source) It is our understanding that GMP was purchase and Ray got a contact and was going to meet with them. Since he was stepping down his position he was not going to take the lead on this, Robert did. Robert was out of the county traveling and on his way back he was caught in the transportation strike and had to make other travel arrangements From Paris. So at the time of the meeting, we had no information to update. I still have no information and nothing to update. As soon as we know what's going on we will get the word out. There is a large amount of interest in this area.

JP thanks for actually talking to us instead of doing the normal thing most of SFWDA people have done and immediately gone on the attack and told us to go to a meeting. I would really love nothing more than support SFWDA and have a group that i could get behind and support but the current situation i refuse to. I sincerely hope you can change things.

JP thanks for actually talking to us instead of doing the normal thing most of SFWDA people have done and immediately gone on the attack and told us to go to a meeting. I would really love nothing more than support SFWDA and have a group that i could get behind and support but the current situation i refuse to. I sincerely hope you can change things.

Your welcome, it's easy to say come to a meeting and agree with us. It's much harder to get out there find out what we are doing wrong and try and make it better. I will do my best to keep everyone up to date, but it will be a rookie attempt.

....may the force be with you Skywalker... :dblthumb:

12-12-2019 2-11-23 PM.jpg

Very Well Said,
And my efforts are to get Southern where you are talking about. I have a leadership meeting in February. I want concrete stuff like this to take to them. I will do my best to get it to the right people. Trust me I have already been smacking the hornets nest this week and told them to check out this link. In a year from now people will be thanking me for my efforts or hate me for being a pain in their ass. But for now I am in a spot to make my voice be heard, I am going to do my best to take advantage of it. And yes, I will be giving them your ideas as feedback.

Ray Stanley wouldn't let any changes happen back during the Southern Jeeps days by the then president and he won't let any changes happen now with what he controls at SFWDA.

JP, you mentioned forwarding the thread to other members. To shed a little light for those not familiar with the forum. There are active members, those who just lurk and friends of both that make up a lot of people in the southeast wheeling community. I can say personally that if a few people on this board I trust change their opinions on the SFWDA I will do the same and so will some of my wheeling buddies that are not on the site and don't follow social media. Their is the potential for a significant force to get behind the Association that are currently not because of topics discussed. In some ways it is easier to jump on a work day because you know directly where your effort is going. However someone like me living in Florida and very limited on time can't help in that way. Financially though, myself and others would love to get behind the right group. All that basically to say the ripple effect from this forum is much larger than it might seem.

JP It will be hard to believe anything that comes from SFWDA if Ray is involved with it I had dealing with him at the first few Dixie runs at GMP and there were things done that I didn't trust.
This is not only my view there are a bunch of people who feel the same way.
I hope what you are saying is true if you can do what you say it will go a long way with the people on here.
Good luck

JP, you mentioned forwarding the thread to other members. To shed a little light for those not familiar with the forum. There are active members, those who just lurk and friends of both that make up a lot of people in the southeast wheeling community. I can say personally that if a few people on this board I trust change their opinions on the SFWDA I will do the same and so will some of my wheeling buddies that are not on the site and don't follow social media. Their is the potential for a significant force to get behind the Association that are currently not because of topics discussed. In some ways it is easier to jump on a work day because you know directly where your effort is going. However someone like me living in Florida and very limited on time can't help in that way. Financially though, myself and others would love to get behind the right group. All that basically to say the ripple effect from this forum is much larger than it might seem.

https://www.sfwda.org/message-board/?category=Contributions
Here is a link to some people that have donated lately. We will get the money in the right peoples hands. Also we are not paid, we are volunteers so 100% of the money goes to those places. Our operation cost are made from our 2 events Dixie Run and Trail Fest. Hope this information helps I'll be more than happy to provide more and answer questions.

I have amazingly received several phone calls, emails, and Facebook messages over the past week of people following this thread that have not posted on it. Thank you everyone for your interest. I have gathered a few things from this and they have been in discussion already. We are not getting the word out to the right sources what we are doing. Trust me I'm coming up with a game plan. SFWDA as grown considerably since 2012....but there is more growth we need to do in other directions. I also think that our meet and rides we do 4 times a year can really help out the struggling small parks. But again we need to reach out and get the word out. I have my pen and paper out and I am listening. I will be taking this to the leadership meeting in February and a few things before hand.

JP It will be hard to believe anything that comes from SFWDA if Ray is involved with it I had dealing with him at the first few Dixie runs at GMP and there were things done that I didn't trust.
This is not only my view there are a bunch of people who feel the same way.
I hope what you are saying is true if you can do what you say it will go a long way with the people on here.
Good luck

SFWDA is under new leadership. Positions were term limited and Ray served his term. Good or bad we are at our next phase. Jay Bird is the new President. I can't tell you what his exact vision is yet...but I will tell you he is about riding, getting people out on the trails and making this mutigenerational. He is a little on the easier side of riding. I am a little more on the hardcore side. But we are both about keeping trails open and creating new places to ride. I like to ask lots of question, nor am I a yes man or go with the flow. But I am a team player and ready to get things done. We are only relevant if we are doing what our fellow off-roaders need.

The older Guy was Ray, really smart business man who just sold his company and retired. I have a young daughter myself so I get it. As far as what Ray was talking about( who I would consider a credible source) It is our understanding that GMP was purchase and Ray got a contact and was going to meet with them. Since he was stepping down his position he was not going to take the lead on this, Robert did. Robert was out of the county traveling and on his way back he was caught in the transportation strike and had to make other travel arrangements From Paris. So at the time of the meeting, we had no information to update. I still have no information and nothing to update. As soon as we know what's going on we will get the word out. There is a large amount of interest in this area.
Just spoke to the agent representing Jayne. No sale, no offers, no contracts as of this morning. Unless Jayne is cutting her agent out of the deal.

Just spoke to the agent representing Jayne. No sale, no offers, no contracts as of this morning. Unless Jayne is cutting her agent out of the deal.

Very interesting, Thank you for the update. I eagerly await to hear our information on it. I will update on what I hear.

Okay, the plot thickens. I looked up the MLS. Only the lower half of the park is for sale and it does not include the wooded sections...correct me if I'm wrong. Think this should be it's own tread. I am going to pull out my shovel and start digging. Price is $850,000. I assume that there has been offers made to include the additional property.

Last edited: