• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Do you guys have annual reviews at work?

vanguard

That rock walker guy
Where I work I have to write my own annual review. I'll meet with my manager a few times to revise it then he'll comment on the finished version. I've had years where I was on the verge of promotion and doing a great job on my review was important. I've had years where I felt like needed to justify or sell my accomplishments to improve my standing.

I've never been in this position. My performance has been strong but I'm not on the verge of promotion. This review means nothing. I think I could write it in crayon and I wouldn't be promoted or in hot water. I wish I could just do my normal job and skip this stuff this year.

How about you? What's your annual review like?

I don't require anything that elaborate. Once a year at raise time I tell my guys what I think about them and their performance and then I ask if they have any comments. We're a pretty small close-knit group so they usually know where they stand anyway.

Just write about battling zombies at Home Depot and I think you'll be fine! loller.gif

Ha! Muchado knows all about my reviews! molaugh

We write it ourselves, they review it and discuss. Waste of time. they know the job sucks so they're not expecting much

We usually get reviewed by our immediate supervisor, then we have to write a review, then once those two are done it goes up to the manager which then sends it back down to the supervisor for changes that he wrote in red ink like a teacher b/c at work we cant do everything good there has to be one bad comment on there no matter what, then they stick us with a .15-.25 cent raise and slap our ass and say good job. All that followed by giving us more work to do that would equal the hiring of two more people and telling us if we don't do all that work plus the work they have already thrown on us we will be dealt with and fired.

GOD I LOVE MY JOB!!!!

o and the motto from the company to us is we have braggingly happy customers and employees. which I can say I've never seen an employee refer this company to somebody else for a job.

rockwild said:
Ha! Muchado knows all about my reviews! molaugh

We write it ourselves, they review it and discuss. Waste of time. they know the job sucks so they're not expecting much

bwaha I told my boss that's how we need to do thangs around hurr!

We have a self assesment and then you get your review they come in with that in their hand as well as their review. If you have a good sense of where you're at you do fine... It's the people that are worthless and demanding more $$ or promotions that get butt-hurt. I told my boss I deserve a 50% raise and he laughed. DOH looks like a 3% year for me laughing1 Find out in a month or so... hopefully I get the 50% I asked for laughing1

Annual and Semi-Annual. Yes write our own, then the bossman reviews and modifies.

On top of that our employees also do a anonymous review of us. Yeah that keeps me from being the asshole I truely am. :flipoff1:

InDaShop said:
Annual and Semi-Annual. Yes write our own, then the bossman reviews and modifies.

On top of that our employees also do a anonymous review of us. Yeah that keeps me from being the asshole I truely am. :flipoff1:
We have that too, it's called 360 degree feedback. I typically ask the people I consider friends to hook me up. As tempted as I might be to reply, "Dan knows the value of office supplies and he's not afraid to take risks" I usually write something glowing.

Ive always had gay ones with lil check boxes... of course mine are all marked excellent .... to bad they never meant anything to anyone anyway, and that was when I did get the check box cheat off your neighbor reviews ::)

I think I get a 90day at the new job and then they are annual.

For engineers at work they review them to death all the damn time. 360's, quarterly, yearly, etc. Reviews have always been pointless here for me because I never get any valued feedback. All of my bosses have been either like everything you do is great or everything you do sucks, no in between. My current boss gives 2 shits about process and is NEVER here, so I never get feedback.

BamaTJ said:
For engineers at work they review them to death all the damn time. 360's, quarterly, yearly, etc. Reviews have always been pointless here for me because I never get any valued feedback. All of my bosses have been either like everything you do is great or everything you do sucks, no in between. My current boss gives 2 shits about process and is NEVER here, so I never get feedback.

what do you do at work? sorry if you've already told me, I know you had some microsoft project knowledge when someone had a question on here so I assumed some sort of program management role??

Our reviews are directly tied to our compensation. Granted if you suck and are an ass, but make the company serious dough they dont say ****. But if you suck are and ass and dont make the company money you will feel it.

InDaShop said:
Our reviews are directly tied to our compensation. Granted if you suck and are an ass, but make the company serious dough they dont say ****. But if you suck are and ass and dont make the company money you will feel it.

Same here. All of our employees are paid commission / base pay and a average or less evaluation, reflects in their commission structure.

Nope... just annual "cost of living" increase around here!

Although boss man does give props on the "appearance" of my work... skully Which is where the pay increase will come from once the license arrives!

MUCHADO said:
what do you do at work? sorry if you've already told me, I know you had some microsoft project knowledge when someone had a question on here so I assumed some sort of program management role??

Everybody says I am like Chandelar on friends in that knowbody knows what I do :flipoff1: I work for a Tech Consulting firm and my role is a hybrid. I work in marketing, but I also do sales and demo's, as well as technical planning and consulting. Most of my knowledge is around a Microsoft application called SharePoint (aka MOSS). It is a document management and collaboration solution used to build Intranets mostly. I was in advanced training last week for SharePoint, presenting to 50 people at a lunch seminar this week and heading up our internal website re-design, so I wear a lot of hats. When I bill out to clients it is usually around $150-200/hour! :eek:

BamaTJ said:
Everybody says I am like Chandelar on friends in that knowbody knows what I do :flipoff1: I work for a Tech Consulting firm and my role is a hybrid. I work in marketing, but I also do sales and demo's, as well as technical planning and consulting. Most of my knowledge is around a Microsoft application called SharePoint (aka MOSS). It is a document management and collaboration solution used to build Intranets mostly. I was in advanced training last week for SharePoint, presenting to 50 people at a lunch seminar this week and heading up our internal website re-design, so I wear a lot of hats. When I bill out to clients it is usually around $150-200/hour! :eek:

Cool thanks for clarifying.. just was curious since u got da new pimmmmpin digs figured you were important :drinkers:

BamaTJ said:

So, are you saying you work with the WENUS?