• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge dana 60

jeeppoor

I am in need of a dana 60 to replace the one we have under our juggy. Current dana 60 is a ball joint dodge. The weak point seems to be the knuckles. And there are no aftermarket replacements.

I have the opportune to but a dodge dana 60 dual (with turn down hubs) for under $1000. (delivered)
I know the dodge is not not a favorite to get and build. And it seems i remember there are not as many aftermarket parts for a dodge as chevy.
So not sure if I should go ahead and buy it.
Thoughts ol wise Hardline people

This will be going under a juggy.
Running 42s with inline 6 stroked to 4.6
It is a trail rid rig. No racing or bouncing. LOL
But it does see its side a few time a year. lol

Any pre-05 Ford balljoint knuckle will fit the dodge balljoint C.

Want unit bearings? 99-04
Want spindles? mid-90s
Want aftermarket? any (small) dyntrac, currie, or trailgear balljoint knuckles.

One thing I'm confused about:

If what you have is a driver drop balljoint 60 with CAD, then any Dodge dually 60 with "turned down hubs" is gonna be a kingpin passenger drop from an older truck.

If you have a driver drop axle, then you'd be better served by swapping it for a ford HP60 of any vintage rather than spend money on the LP60...

Any pre-05 Ford balljoint knuckle will fit the dodge balljoint C.

Want unit bearings? 99-04
Want spindles? mid-90s
Want aftermarket? any (small) dyntrac, currie, or trailgear balljoint knuckles.

One thing I'm confused about:

If what you have is a driver drop balljoint 60 with CAD, then any Dodge dually 60 with "turned down hubs" is gonna be a kingpin passenger drop from an older truck.

If you have a driver drop axle, then you'd be better served by swapping it for a ford HP60 of any vintage rather than spend money on the LP60...
They are passenger drop 60.
You are the first person to say that I can replace the dodge knuckles with ford.

00+ dodge, with no CAD had a different knuckle setup than the older ones, and the ford knuckles will not work.

If you have 94-99 Dodge axle with CAD, the Ford BJ knuckle will fit, like said above.

Isn't the 00+ with no CAD an AAM 9.25?

I don't know which era dodge had what,

And aren't all 94+ Dodge driver drop?

EDIT- A quick search shows the the 00+ was a Dana 60, still had CAD till mid 2002, then apparently they made a non-CAD 60 version for a bit, then went to the AAM 9.25 in 2003. And yep, they were a different style knuckle with the BJ in the C and pins facing down. https://torqueking.com/category/2000-2002-ram-dana-60-axle-identification/
I've never looked into Dodge front axles before. Seems like there are better options.

Last edited:
00+ dodge, with no CAD had a different knuckle setup than the older ones, and the ford knuckles will not work.

If you have 94-99 Dodge axle with CAD, the Ford BJ knuckle will fit, like said above.
Ok explain to the stupid ones. What is an axle with CAD?

Center Axle Disconnect

cad_diagram.jpg

Isn't the 00+ with no CAD an AAM 9.25?

I don't know which era dodge had what,

And aren't all 94+ Dodge driver drop?

EDIT- A quick search shows the the 00+ was a Dana 60, still had CAD till mid 2002, then apparently they made a non-CAD 60 version for a bit, then went to the AAM 9.25 in 2003. And yep, they were a different style knuckle with the BJ in the C and pins facing down. https://torqueking.com/category/2000-2002-ram-dana-60-axle-identification/
I've never looked into Dodge front axles before. Seems like there are better options.
Yup. It isnt real clear when they started the non-CAD 60, but I have seen/heard of them in trucks from 00+. I have an 02, with CAD, so there was no guarantees. Pretty sure they continued the flipped knuckle concept into the AAM trucks.

Someone on Pirate/Irate posted a way to eliminate the UB on those trucks, but i believe it kept the knuckles intact.

Yup. It isnt real clear when they started the non-CAD 60, but I have seen/heard of them in trucks from 00+. I have an 02, with CAD, so there was no guarantees. Pretty sure they continued the flipped knuckle concept into the AAM trucks.

Someone on Pirate/Irate posted a way to eliminate the UB on those trucks, but i believe it kept the knuckles intact.
IIRC it was D50 TTB spindles drilled to bolt up to the UB knuckles.

I have the Dodge UB outers on my single seat buggy, with custom 300m shafts from CTM. F66879FF-FFC8-4293-BFA1-62C933B4B682.jpeg5A884933-3B15-4C2D-9675-AEC300EE492B.jpegD46E8C91-CFF2-4819-8F78-B510EAA962D3.jpeg

Latest posts