• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge Ram 2500 V10???

dirtygoat

I was looking at a 96 ram2500 2wd club cab v10 4spd auto with the factory tow pakage...

Not real familiar with this truck, any info from other owners would help...

Likes, dislikes???

I had a 2x4 5 speed dually and it was nice plenty of power but only around 8 mpg towing my camper 37ft fifth wheel and around 12 mpg just driving truck only they are real cheap now

My '96 V10 ext cab 4x4 auto dually ran like a raped ape with 238,XXX on the clock and no rebuild. I think I was one of the lucky ones though... Spot on about 8 mpg towing and 12 mpg everyday.

Had some throttle response too with 488 cubes :cool:

My service writer at work just recently picked up a 98 3/4t 4x4 auto reg cab with the V10; Got a great deal on it---lots of addons(Alcoa wheels, Nice Leer canopy, etc....); Paid $4.5K; we had just done brakes all around/axle joints/ball joints last yr as well as Luke's link fix on track bar; 115K on the odo....Was a HUGE upgrade from his previous 90 F250 5.8L 4x4 5sp!!

My old man had one I think a 97 or 98. towed a 30 fithwheel all over the country and canada with it and never had any serious issues with it. just got rid of it when he changed to a MH

I had a 96 2500 V-10/Auto. Never had 1 problem with it for the 120,000 miles I owned it. Towed fairly well with the pedal mashed to the floor. Mileage was what you would expect....crappy.

Last 2 Dodge's have been diesels. Way better for the obvious reasons.

Our old work truck was a '95 3/4T V10 5spd 4x4. 260k HARD miles on it, a lot of it towing an overloaded gooseneck and otherwise having too much weight on the truck itself. We replaced the clutch twice and the seat once. When we traded it in the bed was ripped all over pretty badly and the door seals were leaking a little, but that's pretty admirable for the way the truck was used. Always got 10 mpg too, loaded or unloaded.

I was camping/wheeling at Naches this weekend, so I haven't been on here to reply... Thanks for all the info guys...

After watching Donimator's Dodge dually diesel pull with a strap a '80s 6.2 Suburban that had a 20' car trailer behind it, with a K5 trail rig with 1 ton running gear and the trailer brakes pulsing on and off because they were wired through the hazard lights, up Chinook pass... I'm really liking the Cummings idea...

Oh yeah, also a ton of camping gear, tools, fullsize truck bed tool box, spare parts and all the stuff Don had in the back of his truck...