• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge trackbar fix?

briejer

What are all you guys doing to fix the POS trackbar an a 2nd Gen Dodge?

The DT seem spendy

Solidsteel with a 3rd Gen trackbar is roughly the same

The Luke's Link looks like an interesting affordable fix

What is everyones experience and what are some other options?

I needed/wanted an adjustable track bar to compensate for the leveling kit lift on the front of my truck. I am not real crazy about the heim joints in the DT track bar or the stainless steel uniball thing in the Thuren bar. Just seems like something for crap to work it's way into and cause wear. I bit the bullet and popped for a Solid Steel adjustable track bar and am have no regrets whatsoever about it. Beefy as hell with bushings on both ends.

That being said, if I had a stock heighth truck I would almost definitely have given the Luke's Link a shot before anything else. Seems like there is a lot of bang for the buck with them. You just have to make sure that you have a track bar that they will work with. It is my understanding that the Luke's Link will not work with the thicker aftermarket replacement track bars such as those by Moog.

I have the DT and love it :D

I won't say anything about the SS piece. Rip showed it to me when it first came out and I thought it looked great.

A LOT of people have told me they like their lukes link, but I've had a couple of closer friends tell me they are cheap for a reason.. But I have no personal experiance with that one. After screwing with the track bars on the jeeps so much. I decided to pay the money.

im a cheep ass...i went with the lukes link. has been a year and a few months,and about 20,000 miles and its still tite...

Solid steel with the 3rd gen bracket. Also added the DT steering box stabilizer! HUGE Improvement!!!!!

Good luck
DB

ahh crap now I remember, same thing they just copied it, that cracked me up the first time I saw it on their site :haha: . I had my DT before the SS unit even came out, so who knows which way I would have gone. But it definitely wasn't the lukes link way.

On my 96' I used the Napa Tracbar. It has a lifetime warranty. Swap out is very easy.

On my 96' I used the Napa Tracbar. It has a lifetime warranty. Swap out is very easy.

I had my receipt in hand and they would not replace it even after 6 months. Keep in mind the truck only gets about 6-7k a year, all hard miles.

DB