Drive line ?

Trailabite

When I'm in 4 low or 2 low everything seems to work just fine. When I go to 4 hi it takes a good bit gas to get my jeep moving. It kinda feels like the brakes are on. I can't get up to speed and after a mile down the road my jeep is over heating, any ideas? I can go 4 wheeling all day and as long as all of the trail are close together I have no issues at all, but when we go from trail head to trail head and have to run in hi gear I have problems.

My specs:
Ramjet 350
TCI T350, with reverse manual valve body
4.3 Atlas

TBItoy

Re: Re: Drive line ?

Trailabite said:
Should I add a little more tranny fluid and see if that makes a difference?
I guess you could...

But it won't.

Trailabite

TBItoy said:
I guess you could...

But it won't.
I was thinking that but I thought it was worth asking lol. Well, this blows! I'm actually out in MOAB right now......

jp fan

Take it out to the MOAB OUTPOST and let them drive it and see what there opinion is, they know there stuff

TBItoy

bjeep said:
I would check to see if a caliper is stuck. :shit:
That too... Just this past weekend, I rode in Tracy city, probably drove 10 miles total on the road, and several in our group had stuck or dragging brakes.

Trailabite

al1tonyota said:
Another question does it act the same in 2hi? You didn't mention it in op.
Sorry - this is when it happens.

Sounds like I should check the rear brakes.

throttlejunkie

How's your timing, have you checked it to make sure it hasn't moved, that could make it a turd when in higher gear, but less noticeable while in low gear, would also let the cylinder temp increase causing some heat issues. Just a thought.

Latest posts