• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DUCK FEWALT ... angle grinder

kushKrawlin

As usual right in the middle of something I want to finish before this weekend and the second DEWALT angle grinder I have had to buy this year takes a **** on me.. Oh the things I wanted to say to the lady at Home Depot.. But i took a couple deep breaths and went and purchased a third one.. MILWAUKEE this time. **** on dewalt and their "policy" .. I thought after the first little $59 burned up that I would get the more expensive "heavy duty" Dewalt, it lasted about the same if not shorter. I know Mutaba (i have no clue how its spelled) probably the way to go, But not right now for me. $$ feel free to chime in and tell me what kind you use and if 4 fawkin months is a little to fast to die ??? . I'm going to try to fix them :****: Took it apart and the brushes did not look like they were toast. Hell i dunno.. I like how they put the warranty on the side of the box, only to find out it's a joke. Ha! Sure I would love to wait 6 to 8 weeks to get it and i quote "possibly fixed, oh but when you send it off your agreeing to fix cost up to $100" bahahha. Tha dam thing was 80 new i think. I do use it everyday but **** 4 or so months?? I know this isnt the best thread, just wanted some advice for the future if needed. Thanks fellas.

Re: DUCK FEWALT ... angle grinder

Bosh makes some good grinders. What kinda Dewalt you buyin? I abuse the **** outta mine at work and they usually last a year before the motor goes. Brushes wear out fast but they are quick to change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know a price bc work pays for them but we use Dewalt DW831 5" grinders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a black and decker I won playing dirty santa 14 years ago. Been a tough SOB! I took the rhino line off a sammy front clip and did the rest of the tube work with a wire wheel one time with it. Grinded on some stuff last night with it. Has slack in the bearings and sounds like it could explode at any minute but has been a trooper no doubt.

I have a pair of the ryobi 4.5" with the rotatable trigger grip and they are great! I use mine almost everyday and the tool is kept in the handle so you are never hunting for it.

kushKrawlin said:
As usual right in the middle of something I want to finish before this weekend and the second DEWALT angle grinder I have had to buy this year takes a **** on me.. Oh the things I wanted to say to the lady at Home Depot.. But i took a couple deep breaths and went and purchased a third one.. MILWAUKEE this time. **** on dewalt and their "policy" .. I thought after the first little $59 burned up that I would get the more expensive "heavy duty" Dewalt, it lasted about the same if not shorter. I know Mutaba (i have no clue how its spelled) probably the way to go, But not right now for me. $$ feel free to chime in and tell me what kind you use and if 4 fawkin months is a little to fast to die ??? . I'm going to try to fix them :****: Took it apart and the brushes did not look like they were toast. Hell i dunno.. I like how they put the warranty on the side of the box, only to find out it's a joke. Ha! Sure I would love to wait 6 to 8 weeks to get it and i quote "possibly fixed, oh but when you send it off your agreeing to fix cost up to $100" bahahha. Tha dam thing was 80 new i think. I do use it everyday but **** 4 or so months?? I know this isnt the best thread, just wanted some advice for the future if needed. Thanks fellas.

Did the lady at home depot make AND sell you that angle grinder?

leeman1790 said:
Did the lady at home depot make AND sell you that angle grinder?
I highly doubt she made it, I dont remember if she sold it to me.. Short-term memory sucks. Why do you ask?
The first one was a little $59 4 1/2", I figured it was a light-duty and that I had been too hard on it.. The second one said heavy duty and was about $80..

Elliott said:
lowes use to swap them out for me?????
Home Depot used to be very good at this also. Apparently policies have changed. I just seems if you see someone almost every day like they see me., that you could possibly exchange... I dunno. The Milwaukee seems to be pretty nice, not a fan of having to push a button before Pulling tha paddle trigger. I'm sure I'll get used to it

Rootar said:
I have a pair of the ryobi 4.5" with the rotatable trigger grip and they are great! I use mine almost everyday and the tool is kept in the handle so you are never hunting for it.

Me too. Awesome machines. You never realize how convenient the rotating handle is. Ryobi FTW

Sent from the mans IPhone.

Milwaukee and don't look back. I keep 15 in my shop and generally last about 5 years with about 50 high school boys using them daily.

Dewalt and others won't take it and I get the highest amps I can find when I buy new ones.

I've just got a shitty one from Harbor Freight for no more than I use a grinder (for now). I don't know about grinders and such, but I bought a 18v cordless set of Kobalt tools that including a drill, sawzall, and circular saw, all with a 5 year no questions asked warranty at Lowes. Any piece of the equipment fails, bring it in and they'll give you another one with no bullshit. Used it all quite a bit and have thoroughly been impressed with Kobalt's stuff. It was much cheaper than the other main brands too.

I've never done much shopping with Home Depot, only Lowes....never been dissappointed with their customer service there.

wont work said:
Milwaukee and don't look back. I keep 15 in my shop and generally last about 5 years with about 50 high school boys using them daily.

Dewalt and others won't take it and I get the highest amps I can find when I buy new ones.
THANKS!! is exactly the feedback I wanted. Someone that has seen several of them abused and still work. Hopefully the Milwaukee will work out for me. I did get the one with the higher amperage. :dblthumb:

I'm on my third DeWalt in about 5 years also. I'm not going to buy them any more. Its bearings and motors that go out for me.

I've never regretted any Milwaukee purchase I've made. My next good grinder will be Milwaukee.

I keep 3 grinders around so that I don't have to change wheels. I have a Porter Cable with a Flap Disc that seems to be doing good but it doesn't get the work out that the other two do, flap discs just arne't as hard on them. I have a cheap Skil with my cutting wheel that has been doing good, but again, it doesn't take the beating that a grinding wheel will put out. And then the DeWalt with the grinding wheel.

One thing about Milwaukee that I won't recommend though is their detachable cord system. Its frail and breaks easily and then you're SOL looking for a replacement cord on a weekend. Normally you have to order them online and be out of a tool for a week while it arrives.

Milwaukee definitely makes good stuff! Can't say I've used a Milwaukee grinder, but I've been impressed with several other items of theirs!

We use metabo and dewalt at work like said before the dewalts don't last but about a year the metabos usually the cord or they walk off!

I've had pretty good luck with the harbor freight grinders,with the the 2 year warranty it was $30 for the 4 1/2 grinder.
the Milwaukee, dewalt ,and ryobi that I've had before lasted about the same time and it's always been the brushes and motors melting down

I've tried every grinder HF has and they have not lasted a month. Absolute pieces of ****, IMO. But I wouldn't expect anything more.

I have been beating on two Milwaukee grinders for a few years now with no signs of wearing out. Switched from Dewalt and craftsman to primarily Milwaukee years back. Seems like their quality hasn't changed like others. Just burnt up a Dewalt chop saw that isn't that old.