• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

dumb ccoilover questions

patooyee

I have a couple questions as a first-time c/o owner.

1. Is it normal for the shaft in a c/o to wiggle back and forth a little? If so, is it normal for this wiggle to get worse the further out the shock is extended? It seems to me that it should not if it has 2 proper bulkheads holding it at the piston inside the body of the shack and at the bottom of the shock body itself. I could see maybe a little at the max extension point since the two bulkheads are very close together then. And when it does wiggle, is it normal for the end cap at the bottom of the shock to wiggle back and forth with it?

2. I thought one of the advantages of having a remote reservoir over an emulsion shock was that the piston would always be in oil and there would be no air pockets within the main body of the shock where the piston would be ineffective? Or am I mistaken in that assumption?

J. J.

None of my KINGs do this. It sounds like it may be time for a rebuild. New wear bands, o-rings and seals will liven a shock right up.

My blisteins do not have any shaft movement like your talk'n about. Also, if you have air pockets in your oil it sounds like they weren't put together properly.

Latest posts