• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

dumb ? shock travel tech

lal357

i'm wanting to put longer travel shocks on the yota rear correct me if i'm wrong i put it on the lift so the tires are off the ground . then jack up one tire and measure the distance with the tire compressed and at full drop.do then split the measurement like if it was 12" weld tabs so it has 6" down and 6" cpompress.
i know i'm thinking way to much into this so i figured i'd ask

I'd be careful... Seems in my experience real work trail perdicaments tend to droop and stuff yer parts more than when it's on the stands or just supporting it's own weight... But yea,, I think you've got the general idea...

Thats the idea but yoursuspension may not travel up and down the same amount. You may have more droop than stuff and vice versa.

The best way to get a "trail stuff" on a suspension is to find a 2-3' deep ditch and hit it at 45*

That will stuff the **** out of your junk like on the trail.

Take the current shocks off and get an eye to eye measurement on each side.

wngrog said:
The best way to get a "trail stuff" on a suspension is to find a 2-3' deep ditch and hit it at 45*

That will stuff the **** out of your junk like on the trail.

Take the current shocks off and get an eye to eye measurement on each side.
thought about that also i have a 2' ledge and a 5' ledge behind my carport
what i'm looking at doing is running the new shocks (not sure what type kind yet) up and into the bed so i can get about any size run the mount across from up and over to the other frame rail