• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dynamite Design - AC / 2xRT

Dynamite Design

It's been a wild, and crazy long year in Lexington NC.

We've put months in, outfitting the new shop and gearing up for this specific job.

We're going to build Adam Carter a Trophy Truck.

Dynamite Design Fabrication - Rock Racing Trophy Truck = 2xRT / serial number #001

Technical info and more pics coming.... :dblthumb:

Technician said:
he doesnt do well with completion dates. molaugh

So you noticed the dash in one of the photos also.

What was the outcome of that jeep? You had some nice stuff going on with that but it seems like you just stopped and never went back after dude went riding in it

wont work said:
So you noticed the dash in one of the photos also.

What was the outcome of that jeep? You had some nice stuff going on with that but it seems like you just stopped and never went back after dude went riding in it
I asked that in another thread, never got a straight answer. I think dude took his jeep and never looked back. I will say the cage and dash would be awesome on a mall crawler jeep.

JohnG said:
Good to see this project getting started. What is the projected completion date?

December 31, 2014

Attachments

• IMG_13387316167617.jpeg
    IMG_13387316167617.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_13377040441299.jpeg
    IMG_13377040441299.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_13382752202773.jpeg
    IMG_13382752202773.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1613214538577.jpeg
    IMG_1613214538577.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 161
Dynamite Design said:
December 31, 2014

Great news for Adam I would think. Offering constructive criticism. Look at your calendar at December 15, that should be your personal drop dead date. Now back up and mark steps on the calendar so you know you are not getting behind. Dates like, powercoat date, electrical date, final assembly date, roller status date. I'm sure there are many more. Mark them all on your personal calendar.

Do not get behind and do not make excuses! In my opinion, this build, is the one that is going to make or break your shop. Adam struggles to get what he has and has put complete 100% faith in you and your abilities, not only as a welder and fabricator, but as a businessman.

You have exactly 50 business days to complete.

Thanks John, I agree. I should of already explained that we are building a complete roller chassis with most everything mounted before it leaves the shop, and a dash. Adam is going to wire and plumb it, finish the gauge/radio mounting in the dash Adam is working hard to get all the parts to the shop. Heim joints should show up tomorrow, but we still need at least a couple 6 inch backspace wheels, with tires to really go full bore.

Before I get to some key points in the build, I'd like to give a big thanks to the Carter family. I know they make decisions as a team. It's awesome that they chose to work with Dynamite Design, and let us get our hands on the type of project we firmly believe we're bred to do.

So first, and obviously we are dealing with a solid axle race car that has to be designed around very high speeds, and also has to work well in the rocks, and do both for endurance periods of time. It will be built to compete.... Not only for many years to come, but on many different types of tracks and terrain.

Went with Fox racing shocks for the build. They optimized the shock budget, for the total control and tunability we were after, and can easily be rebuilt whenever and where ever needed.
2 inch x 14 coil-over/carrier on all 4 corners.
3 inch, 7 zone bypasses. 14's front - 16's rear.

I feel sure we can tune this car for any type of race, hands down.

Adam is going to be in the drivers seat for a long period of time, most every time he see's a green flag. Judging by he could probably do rock trails with his eyes closed. My objective is to move his butt as far towards the front of the vehicle as possible, all while being roomy, so he is most comfortable at high speed, and floor boarded. I want him to be affected as little as possible by the gnarly thrashing of the rear end.

It won't be trophy truck heavy, but heavy enough to keep the tires down at speed.

We are going to build a ride that will compliment his driving style by being consistent on %100 of track, and will have that extra woo-pow when he's ready to cut it loose.

Build axles
Mock ram / tie rod
Build trailing arms
Complete suspension geometry / mock up

by November 15

Mount motor/drivetrain
Mount seats
Mount shocks
Mount fuel cell directly behind seats
Dual batteries - one on each side of fuel cell
Mount winch
Need bump stops

by November 29

Build / weld chassis.... Chassis will change here and there, because we are building around racing suspension geometry and comfort. Looks and pleases come last.
Mount orbital valve / gas and brake pedal
Build removable / replaceable nerf bumper - <<<< don't know why this isn't standard
Build a wiring dock / origin

December 24

Build Dash
mount shifter
Radiator?

December 31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0xxAD_D-2E

Latest posts