• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Earthquake

I was sitting on a 5 gal bucket on a concrete floor packing the wheel bearings in my front 60. I didn't feel nothing. I live about 5 miles from the epicenter.
Felt too many shots go off in the coal mines I guess, must be numb to it now. :dunno:

I was eating at a mexican joint in calera and kept hearing what sounded like a empty rail cars or a empty dump truck rumbling or booming. This explains it since i was eating at the same time the news articles say it happened.

InDaShop said:
lot of non-normal activity lately.

Snyder TX has had two a 3.4 on the 12th, and 4.4 on the 11th
and a 3.4 in Luther, OK on the 12th.

Here is the best link out there for seeing whos hitting and where
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/quakes_big.php

Part of my job is to monitor quakes at The Geysers, Ca or roughly 38.8°N, 122.8°W
Here's the FAQ why.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/faq/?faqID=147

What do you do and who for? I studied that in college when rocks were first forming and enjoy a good shaking. :dblthumb:

There was a 5.9 quake near washington dc a few weeks ago and we felt the tremmers here in upstate ny, the storm lee just hammered our area flooding alot of towns around here, two tornados went through last month.....we never have this kind of weather here......maybe rapture is coming!

CHASMAN9 said:
What do you do and who for? I studied that in college when rocks were first forming and enjoy a good shaking. :dblthumb:

west energy trader for Calpine, we own all the geothermal power plants up at The Geysers. So yes we create earthquakes, and I monitor them amongst other things. If I change my generation profiles too fast from day to day (i.e. injecting more or less water back down into the magmafield) can really make things shakey (pun intended). Every now and then the guys out there veto the plan based on where the steam reservoir level is. They manage all that, I just want the megawatts. I dont really worry about the tremors until they start popping over mag 4.8 and less than 7km deep.

EDIT:
We are already at 4 tremors this morning highest being a 2.8 and all less than 4km deep, if that tells ya anything.

I did not feel it either, and I am within 10 miles of the epicenter. I was working on the single seater in the garage, so no telling what tools I had running at the time.

InDaShop said:
west energy trader for Calpine, we own all the geothermal power plants up at The Geysers. So yes we create earthquakes, and I monitor them amongst other things. If I change my generation profiles too fast from day to day (i.e. injecting more or less water back down into the magmafield) can really make things shakey (pun intended). Every now and then the guys out there veto the plan based on where the steam reservoir level is. They manage all that, I just want the megawatts. I dont really worry about the tremors until they start popping over mag 4.8 and less than 7km deep.

EDIT:
We are already at 4 tremors this morning highest being a 2.8 and all less than 4km deep, if that tells ya anything.

Awesome occupation Wyatt. Are they a local company for you or are they national. I always wanted to get into the energy production field like you are in. I recently gave up my daytime job as a lounge singer at WalMart and I'm currently looking for a position with sombody in that field. Thanks :dblthumb:

CHASMAN9 said:
Awesome occupation Wyatt. Are they a local company for you or are they national. I always wanted to get into the energy production field like you are in. I recently gave up my daytime job as a lounge singer at WalMart and I'm currently looking for a position with sombody in that field. Thanks :dblthumb:

louge singer at walmart molaugh laughing1 molaugh laughing1

We've got power plants all over the country including three in 'Bama (one in Mobile and two in Decatur).
http://www.calpine.com/power/plants.asp
Check out our homepage and look at the jobs if you think you want to go after one let me know.

This was about 3 miles from my house, of course I wasn't there so I didn't feel anything.... :dunno:

Probably a mine shaft collapsing, I'm suprised that doesn't happen more often here since it seems like most of the county has mine shafts under it.

CHASMAN9 said:
Thanks, I'm looking into them now. thumb.gif
come on to Decatur FAT BOY .... you can buy my dinner every day

I've got a good friend that has worked at Calpine Decatur since they opened..... he likes it pretty well out there

CSMITH said:
come on to Decatur FAT BOY .... you can buy my dinner every day

Cool, I can buy us 2 fer 1 .99 cent Blue light special sub samiches at KMart and pig out SLIM Pickens. :eat: :eat: :eat: :flipoff1: