• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Electric trucks

My thoughts are from 2 stances.
1. From an average consumer perspective it sounds super cool. That thought coming from the average persons mind. Something real neat, amazing technology, the idea that a battery and some motors can pull a trailer or better yet a $120k boat to the lake.

2. From a mechanically inclined and above average thinker it's wasted money and as much as double as bad for the environment to create it and knowing that studies they have done show it takes almost double the mileage to just break even with a diesel in the same model.

By then we have been conditioned as a flock of sheep to buy something new long before then. So it's just wasted energy to build. Factoring the costs of recycling a Li-poly battery.

Good friend of mine works locally for one of the leading Li-Ion suppliers and manufacturers in the world. Travels to these locations all the time. We talk about it over lunch a lot lately. It's amazing what the public doesn't know.

So I personally think the technology is still amazing but deep down I know that this is just a huge way to market a new product that makes money for a handful of 3rd world countries. Rather than doing any manufacturing here which is where we need help.

That meaning that all of the places on earth that the minerals are mined to make a Li-Ion battery are in 3rd world locations. Which is where the it will stay. Out of the eyes of the voting public.

So in conclusion, I work on Teslas all the time. About 2 a week and they are super cool. They are the space ships from the 50s commercials. I like their metal and paint qualities.

Aside from that I want no part in an electric vehicle movement.

Re: Re: Electric trucks

LightBnDr said:
My thoughts are from 2 stances.
1. From an average consumer perspective it sounds super cool. That thought coming from the average persons mind. Something real neat, amazing technology, the idea that a battery and some motors can pull a trailer or better yet a $120k boat to the lake.

2. From a mechanically inclined and above average thinker it's wasted money and as much as double as bad for the environment to create it and knowing that studies they have done show it takes almost double the mileage to just break even with a diesel in the same model.

By then we have been conditioned as a flock of sheep to buy something new long before then. So it's just wasted energy to build. Factoring the costs of recycling a Li-poly battery.

Good friend of mine works locally for one of the leading Li-Ion suppliers and manufacturers in the world. Travels to these locations all the time. We talk about it over lunch a lot lately. It's amazing what the public doesn't know.

So I personally think the technology is still amazing but deep down I know that this is just a huge way to market a new product that makes money for a handful of 3rd world countries. Rather than doing any manufacturing here which is where we need help.

That meaning that all of the places on earth that the minerals are mined to make a Li-Ion battery are in 3rd world locations. Which is where the it will stay. Out of the eyes of the voting public.

So in conclusion, I work on Teslas all the time. About 2 a week and they are super cool. They are the space ships from the 50s commercials. I like their metal and paint qualities.

Aside from that I want no part in an electric vehicle movement.
I agree 100%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I've got no problems with electric cars.

I've got issues with the stupid auto pilots and nannies and whatnot software designed to back trailers up and other stupid **** that makes people avoid to learn how to drive.

The electric propulsion system is the future and is badass.

Bebop said:
I've got no problems with electric cars.

I've got issues with the stupid auto pilots and nannies and whatnot software designed to back trailers up and other stupid **** that makes people avoid to learn how to drive.

The electric propulsion system is the future and is badass.

The auto trailer backing thing still baffles me. I dont understand how it works. I've always wanted to mess with one though.

I have no problem with electric, but agree with Enzo. The self driving horseshit that usually accompanies those concepts, no thanks. When it becomes mainstream enough that they offer regular trucks in electric id consider one. I wouldn't pay extra for the "I'm saving the world" facade, but if it makes money I'm in.

spin-off warning..... I wonder how the electric used vehicle market is. Company X offer a new efficient vehicle that catches my eye and I purchase it. 5 years later the maintenance on the vehicle gets to be more than I can handle and I decide to sell or trade in. Does the vehicle have any value left in it?

When is the last time you sold and old cell phone or computer?

I have zero interest in an electric truck until it is costs the same as a diesel truck, can tow ALL day without stopping to charge, and can be recharged anywhere within minutes just like a diesel truck can be refueled in minutes. I figure we are at least 10 years, and possibly even 20+ years away from that being possible.