• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Electric weedwackers

leeadam94 said:
I'd say non stop use, you can get 1.5-2 hours. If you just do a little here and there u can used it 5-10 times on one charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea my Kobalt 80V will give you a solid hour to hour and 15 min. That's enough weed eating at one time anyway!! lol

Dang all of you! I read this. Go home. Fire up my stihl blower that I bought at a yard sale 6 years ago for $20 and it dies 15 seconds later. Stupid thing has never let me down and now I can't keep it running for more than a twenty seconds or so.

I blame all of you for it acting a fool.

Well I purchased the EGO 56v power feed model today at the homo depot. It was on sale for $30 off. $199 so I'm gonna hope it's all I've ever dreamed of.

JEEPKEVIN said:
I bought the Black and Decker Worx combo kit with the trimmer and blower off the clearance isle at Walmart. Over all packaging of boxes was nice, no damage, easy to open. I took all the shinny new stuff and layed it out on my work bench and proceeded to plug in the new batteries and start my work, batteries dead. Oh well, kit comes with a handy dandy charger, battery not too big, this shouldn't take to long. Green blink light goes to blinking, when it stops were ready!! Sweet!! 12 hours later little blinky light still going. Hmmm, dug threw trash for instructions, sure enough first charge might take 12 hours. Ok, didn't want to do yard work yesterday anyways. Snap battery in weed eater, plug in second battery to charger, and go outside.

Saftey glasses, check!!

Gloves, check!!

Spare beer in pocket, check!!

Let's do this!!!

Got a firm grab on handle, squeeze the well labeled trigger and,,,

Weed Tickler!! The single string of fury, it isn't. One blade of grass at a time.

It sucks, but it will clean up around entry step on RV when we camp. That was really all I bought it for. Barely has the balls to do that, better hurry, you got about 10 mins of action.

I have that one too. Used weedeater once and it was terrible but actually love the blower. We bought it for the camper due to size but I find myself using it at home to do a quick blowdown of driveway. It does not last long for sure, but it takes up little space in camper.

And I second the Roundup. I love to mow but despise weedeating. I make a nice path around everything my mower can't get to and after stuff dies out completely its a nice clean look around trees and fence with bare dirt

xjtony said:
Well I purchased the EGO 56v power feed model today at the homo depot. It was on sale for $30 off. $199 so I'm gonna hope it's all I've ever dreamed of.

This thread inspired me and I went and bought the 80v Kobalt for $199.00, The thing was way better than I thought it would be! I like the 2 speed option, and it is way more than enough for the trimming I currently have.

jeeppoor said:
We are sick and tired of messing gas string trimmers.
Everyone we have had sucks. It will work fine for a maybe a season. then it goes to crap. Hard to start. Doesn't want to stay running. Etc.

So looking at elec. But have ne experience with one or know anyone that has one.

So Hardline. what is a good one?

I am sooo glad I threw my gas trimmer out. I think mine is a Ryobe and I don't regret the move.