• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailer fab for camping

AW10

Looking into trading my 22' trailer for an enclosed trailer. I would like something to be able to pull my sammi and be able to camp in it. Wondering if anyone has any pics of their trailer and any fab they have done to it for some ideas. Anyone ever bought an enclosed and wish they would have gotten a regular trailer? Only con I could think of is maybe a little less gas mileage with an enclosed.

We were just talking about this this weekend for the rzr's. I was thinking of taking a 6x12-14 and putting a camper ac unit on the roof.

If you just get a regular enclosed they are pretty hard to keep hot/cold without lots of insulation. Used a good friends 28 footer with a brand new 220 roof top ac unit ( can't tell you btu on it) and during the summer days it just can't keep it cool but at night time you will freeze in it. His has overhead cabinets full length and 3 sets of fluorescent lights in the roof, table and booth that fold into a bed and drop down bunk beds. Definitely beats tent camping but the thing is stupid heavy to pull so check out the weights also when pricing them.

Check the height on an enclosed, most 6x12s aren't tall enough for a sxs, I had to remove the cage on my Teryx to get it loaded in mine.

grcthird said:
Check the height on an enclosed, most 6x12s aren't tall enough for a sxs, I had to remove the cage on my Teryx to get it loaded in mine.

My cage will be a little lower than stock thumb.gif

I have a 7x12 Haulmark Lowhauler that i have slept in many times all over the country. It sure beats tent camping but its cold when it's cold and hot when it's hot! That's with either a heater or a couple fans. Being able to sleep on a real mattress makes the biggest difference. That being said, I'm rigging up my old 22' enclosed and halfway insulating it to use at our hunting club and wheeling trips without the wife. It's hotel or cabin if the wife goes. If anyone is looking for a nice trailer, there is a 2007 44' Living quarters enclosed for $14,500 on craigslist

Here is my build. A bit rough when I picked it up but it is coming along nicely. Fits my 800S RZR perfectly.

http://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/t14384-enclosed-trailer-toy-hauler-build

Latest posts