• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed Trailer Options

highrolrcustoms

Well its income tax time and im gona bit the bullet on a new enclosed trailer to haul the juggy in. Im looking at either a 8.5x24 or 8.5x20. It will have 5200lb axles. Normally when I go to an event I take my sons atv plus my atv to ride if I break. My atv can go in bed of truck and my sons in the trailer. I will also carry my air compressor, welder, 12 ton press, lots of spare parts...etc. yes im that guy that everyone comes to when they break to borrow tools. Lol. The juggy sits at 75" tall and 88" wide. The opening on the trailer is 75" high and 90" wide. I can use the front and rear winches to lower the suspension to fit in the door opening. So which should I get? 24' or 20' both are Vnose trailers. Will there be much difference between pulling them? There is only about $500 difference in price between the 2 trailers. Original plan was to make front portion living area.... im tired of a tent!!

Also I can add an extra 6" height for $300.

I've bought and sold a ton of these over the years. My rule of them is either buy a 16' or a 24-28'. Cause fourwheeler racers/landscapers/kart racers/etc will buy the 16' from you the 18-20 is too big for them and too small for people who like to haul race cars.... So my choice would be the 24' because it's be easier to resale

I have a 2010 24' enclosed I have decided to sell and go to a toyhauler if you would be interested in a used one

I say 24' that's what I have and it's still not long enough for everything I want to carry :****:

I also recommend getting 1 that's insulated, mine sleeps great but once it gets below freezing it's hard to keep warm

I have a 24' and it got small in there fast. My next will be a 28 for sure. You would not have much room in a 20'.
I also recommend having it built a little taller, rather than screwing around compressing your suspension.
Skip the 5200# axles and go for 7000#, 8 lug axles with 16" wheels so you can run better tires. I also prefer leaf spring axles over torsion axles.
Mine's a real sail going down the road, but I don't care. I love it and I would never have an option trailer ever again.
Make sure you buy a QUALITY trailer. None of this Hurricane cargo or similar crap made from Chinese junk. If the price seems to good to be true it is. I can elaborate on why these are junk if you don't understand.

Let me know if you have any questions. Here's a picture of mine.

I am interested in an enclosed trailer also, but many places we wheel will drag the tail of a bumper pull car hauler. is there a way to lift enclosed trailers to gain some ground clearance?

rockwhore said:
I am interested in an enclosed trailer also, but many places we wheel will drag the tail of a bumper pull car hauler. is there a way to lift enclosed trailers to gain some ground clearance?

my brother in law used a 24' enclosed to deliver items for a company. he had the same problem with the back half dragging.... he welded in a extra crossmember and added steel casters across the back to when it would it something it would roll instead of drag

I bought a 28" this past summer and I love it. I can haul my buggy and the RZR in there with no problems. The only thing that I would change is to add an overhead AC unit, and I plan on doing that before the heat gets here again.

Also, buy a name brand trailer (pace,haul mark,etc) those cheaper trailers have a seam crimped roof and they always leak no matter what. Most of them end up with door problems and funky tire wear issues too. Never had a problem with any of my pace trailers

Re: Re: Re: Enclosed Trailer Options

knaffie said:
Exactly the cheap ones I warned about. It should be twice that price for a good one.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Just curious on why not those? They seem to be built in Ga and they have a 5 year warranty.

I compared it to some and this one had boxed frame instead of ibeam plus 16" centers supports instead of 24". And with a 5 year warranty it seemed like a good deal

This trailer will strictly be a crawler hauler and be used maybe 8 trips a year.

Trailers are like shops and garages: never too big. I run a 40 footer and it was packed front to back New Years.

Hey highroll......if you're still looking at an enclosed trailer. I may just have a deal for you......it's a Haulmark, one of the best trailers made. 24ft, used very little, 10,000lb gvwr. It has been stored inside a shop it's entire life. Looks brand new. inside its spotless, black and white checkerboard floor, factory storage cabinets in the front. full specs
24ft long
96" wide (inside dimensions)
88" fender edge to edge
93" wide rear ramp
48" side door.

Trailer was used for hauling race 4 wheelers around the southeast. New this trailer would cost over 14k, bottom dollar 7500.00 post up if you want to see pics.

Re:

There you go. There's the deal you're looking for. I would much rather have that used Haulmark that a new cheapo any day.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk