• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailer plumbing

bushhog750

Has anyone put a shower in their enclosed trailer? If so I'm curious on how you ran your hot water heater, pumps, plumbing and electric. Is there anything you wish you had done different?

I'd find a shitty, used RV and strip it, scrap what's left. Like a 318 Dahj van camper. Guarunteed low miles before it quit, so plumbing may be near-mint.

5BrothersFabrication said:
I'd find a shitty, used RV and strip it, scrap what's left. Like a 318 Dahj van camper. Guarunteed low miles before it quit, so plumbing may be near-mint.

Damn it. I have an 89 Dodge 360 camper van with 38,000 miles I'm putting heads on in the shop right now, what a gigantic pile of chit, even Hagan asked "Who would own this?" laughing1

You can probably find a cheap camping trailer from 80's to tear apart and use, really all you need is a shower pan, water heater and a holding tank from one. I'd use cpvc to plumb it, and some frp panels glued to the walls. Get fancy and put a ceiling vent in to keep steam down.

The main thing to think about is will you be using it hooked up at a park RV spot or stand alone, self sufficient like. The latter will require a lot more parts to make it work.

grcthird said:
Damn it. I have an 89 Dodge 360 camper van with 38,000 miles I'm putting heads on in the shop right now, what a gigantic pile of chit, even Hagan asked "Who would own this?" laughing1

You can probably find a cheap camping trailer from 80's to tear apart and use, really all you need is a shower pan, water heater and a holding tank from one. I'd use cpvc to plumb it, and some frp panels glued to the walls. Get fancy and put a ceiling vent in to keep steam down.

The main thing to think about is will you be using it hooked up at a park RV spot or stand alone, self sufficient like. The latter will require a lot more parts to make it work.

Good call. :dblthumb:

I would prefer it be self sufficient. I've looked at a few tankless water heaters so I can just pump from holding tank straight thru water heater and out of the shower head. But I haven't gotten down to see if my current generator will power a 110 water heater but it looks like I'll need to step up to a larger generator or buy a separate generator to power only the water heater. But I think that would take a lot of plumbing and work out of it.

Re:

Pumpkin said:
Get a propane tankless water heater

This and no power is needed if you get one with a battery ignitor. Also water will get way hotter than you want

I use a camping style battery ignition water heater mounted outside behind the landing gear. I installed a 3 way ball valve before the shower head to bypass water back to the holding tank so there is instant hot shower water.