• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailer questions/opinions

civicmindedex79 said:
It is 18" of extra height and door is a full 96" wide. Treadplate was for sure on my wish list but buggy will be sit on rampovers anyway. So I hoping it will be ok.
It looks nice. What's the benefit of the spread axles other than it looks good?

civicmindedex79 said:
It is 18" of extra height and door is a full 96" wide. Treadplate was for sure on my wish list but buggy will be sit on rampovers anyway. So I hoping it will be ok.

Awesome trailer man! I've been looking for something with a 95"+ door, this is encouraging

Havent weighed it but paperwork says 4440 lbs is the weight. I appreciate the comment about the tore scrub. Course the dealer won't tell you all that stuff and only the good stuff. I am sure there are more out there but Haulmark and Vintage are the only two I have found that will build a full 96" width. By full width I mean the cables on the doors are wide enough and all.

AJ Rockwell has a 48' that I was dying for, but I just couldn't buy it because I wasn't sure about my truck and getting in and out of parks with it.

The tire scrub shouldn't be any worse than a triple axle trailer. I like the lighting package. Does it have a 30 or 50 amp breaker box?

jta said:
The tire scrub shouldn't be any worse than a triple axle trailer. I like the lighting package. Does it have a 30 or 50 amp breaker box?

Yep full 50 amp breaker box. Has plugs inside and out. What I like about the lighting package is all except the 4 ft flourecent lights are LED amd runs off battery/truck power. Has loading lights inside and out. Also has lights that are mounted on the outside for reverse lights on both sides of the trailer.

jta said:
You could probably replace those 4' lights with the new LED models

Yep probably could but I don't think I will have a problem eitherway. If on land line power and has a 7000 watt generator if needed. Bought a big one because of big air conditioner and heat pump on it.

civicmindedex79 said:
Yep probably could but I don't think I will have a problem eitherway. If on land line power and has a 7000 watt generator if needed. Bought a big one because of big air conditioner and heat pump on it.
I was looking into this and it looks like you can convert the standard florescent lights for less than $35 per unit.

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperikon%C2%AE-equivalent-Single-Ended-UL-Listed-DLC-Qualified/dp/B00NXBMDEY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1445870201&sr=8-3&keywords=4+ft+led+light+fixture#Ask

Here is mine.

IMG_6364.JPG

IMG_6373.JPG

IMG_6391.JPG

IMG_6394.JPG

IMG_6395.JPG

I thought this was going to be a problem but I didn't get a chance to replace that section of fence with another gate.

IMG_6451.JPG

IMG_6452.JPG

bumping this back up.

Since Labor Day weekend i've seriously been considering an enclosed trailer. Tired of the heat trying to sleep and all the bs that goes along with packing, unpacking, what did I forget, so on and so on. So couple questions for you guys that have these.

1) The D rings that go into the floor, whats the best way to attach them to the floor? Are these the best style for tying a rig down

jta said:

2) AC units and wiring: How hard is it to install them and run the wires without it looking like :JRich: did it?

What else am I missing? Going to do the bigger axles with better brakes, going to put an awning on it eventually, AC is a must, I have access to a generator until I can get my own, going to build some sort of stow away beds like the ones that go in the e track or hell just put the e track up and hang my hammock in it. What's the better brand that will last and hold up over time? Is there one? Was looking at the Haulmarks I like those the best so far.

jeeptj99 said:
bumping this back up.

Since Labor Day weekend i've seriously been considering an enclosed trailer. Tired of the heat trying to sleep and all the bs that goes along with packing, unpacking, what did I forget, so on and so on. So couple questions for you guys that have these.

1) The D rings that go into the floor, whats the best way to attach them to the floor? Are these the best style for tying a rig down

2) AC units and wiring: How hard is it to install them and run the wires without it looking like :JRich: did it?

What else am I missing? Going to do the bigger axles with better brakes, going to put an awning on it eventually, AC is a must, I have access to a generator until I can get my own, going to build some sort of stow away beds like the ones that go in the e track or hell just put the e track up and hang my hammock in it. What's the better brand that will last and hold up over time? Is there one? Was looking at the Haulmarks I like those the best so far.

I would highly recommend building a temp wall/curtain to trap the colder air in that section. my 15,000 unit won't hardly cool the 24' I have, but mine is not insulated either. I'm going to make a curtain to trap heat/cold in the front where my bunk is.

The D ring tie down bolt into the floor. Under the trailer frame mine have a plate that ties into frame rails and crossmember. It sandwiches the plywood floor.

The A/C would have its own breaker in the box. Most trailer manufacturers can install a 30 or 50 amp rv box with pigtail and you add your own circuits.

Get 5200 lb axle at the minimum. See my pics above for removable bunks.

A big window unit would probably cool better but installing one in a way that looks good is...?

My roof top on my 24' smashed beer can took a dump this summer. So i bought a portable ac unit for a house and installed a 6" dryer vent going outside the trailer. Looks clean and keeps me and ole lady frozen at night. And my generator likes it alot better.

1tfrot said:
I would highly recommend building a temp wall/curtain to trap the colder air in that section. my 15,000 unit won't hardly cool the 24' I have, but mine is not insulated either. I'm going to make a curtain to trap heat/cold in the front where my bunk is.

Got any pics?

I stayed in my 36' trailer for almost a week in Moab during June. When the trailer was in the sun the 15k BTU ac would not keep up, as soon as we got some shade it was would cool right off. My trailer is insulation in the roof and the walls, this is the only time I've had a problem with it. I've been to Choccolocco in July and it was fine. I would recommend 6k axles at the minimum. This gets you bigger bearings and brakes along with 8 lug wheels and taller tires. As far as tires are concerned I HIGHLY recommend 14 ply all steel tires. I had 3 flats on the way to Moab on tires that had no dry rot and very good tread. While in Moab I bought 6 new 14 ply tires and had zero problems on the way home.