• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailer

tbacon38

Has anyone ever rented out there enclosed trailer, long story short the guy that I bought mine from text me this morning wanting to rent the trailer to move a buddy from Asheville NC to Las Vegas. If I was to do this I have no idea how much to charge him or if I even want to do that. He also said he would have it serviced when he got back. Yalls thoughts?

uhaul would be a lot better option for that I would think to many ways this could go bad

Re:

None of my business, but I see tires blowing out, ripping fenders off, and just too much wear and tear....

Unless it is a good friend I say no way. All kinds of stuff could go wrong plus they gotta haul it back home when they could uhaul it out and not have to haul it back

Yeah it's a 32' trailer. Thanks for the opinions my biggest fear would be it getting wrecked and I'm out a trailer .I only met the guy when I bought it he seemed like a pretty straight forward guy but the fawker wouldn't Jew on the price at all.

Re:

When people ask to borrow my 34' tag, I simply tell them,
"$5000 deposit, you own it till you return it in the same shape it left, 95% refund after its returned."

They look puzzled for a minute, then realize I'm just selling them the trailer...

So far I've had no takers

Im figuring something is going on but I always give benefit of the doubt and try to think there are still good people out there.

tbacon38 said:
Im figuring something is going on but I always give benefit of the doubt and try to think there are still good people out there.

Can't afford to do that these days. If he was wanting to borrow your nitrogen tank set up to fill his shocks, maybe.....but something valuable as a 32' enclosed, not worth the risk. Hell my nerves would still be shot all to hell if I even let half my close friends borrow something like that! :****:

I have an all metal 18' dovetail bumper pull and only loaned it out to 2, maybe 3 people the 4 years I've owned it. Told several more "No..." I just don't like loaning my **** out....especially if I know enough about em to know that they couldn't afford to pay for it if something happened to it.

It depends on the "friend". My daughter has some folks she rides horses with and I will loan out our 30 foot horse trailer to them anytime. It always comes back clean and with a bunch of smiles and stories. One "friend" of mine borrowed my 16 foot jeep hauler trailer once, and he then thought I had given it to him, I literally cut that friendship out because I was all used up from the trailer and a bunch of other things he needed. (garage, tools, happiness) :) It really depends on the person asking, most are fricking awesome, then some are just moochers.

My old man always used to tell me that it didnt matter who he let borrow his trailer it always came back without a certain light working. Now that I have my own trailer and have let some people borrow it I've realized the same has come true for me whether it be lights, brakes, or tires it never comes back the way they picked it up. I think I would let someone borrow my trail rig if they picked it up on there own trailer before I would let them take my trailer to Home Depot to get a load of wood. :****:

at the very least I would get the borrower to write me a check [ with his drivers license on it ] for the amount it would cost to replace the trailer if something went wrong u could at least try n cash the check and when it did not go through have him locked up on writing a bad check not to sure how that would work out if he stayed n vegas too would b a long way to go and costly to find your trailer think I would say no

Yeah I'm saying no, but I have borrowed stuff over the years and always return it in the shape I picked it up, if I had a blowout on a trailer it had a new tire put on it not a used one, if lights went out I put new lights in. If this was a close friend I would have no problem weeeellllll some of my close friends. molaugh

I say no on it also but I have been on the other side of these things and needed to borrow. To me it is the distance that would make me say no. I am one of those folks but my thoughts lead into...... If he used to own it wonder if he still has some paperwork that says he does and he could haul it across country and just sell it to never show up again. :****:

Not to derail but you mind if I ask a few questions. Do you haul two buggies in it? How wide is the door? I am currently looking for me an enclosed or something to haul two buggies and possibly store a buggy part time.

Im planning on hauling 2 buggies in it, its 87" at the door and 90" wall to wall my buggy fits with my stickies but wont with my turf tires.