• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailer

ldudley

I've done some Reserch and been calling around but I'm having a hard time finding any enclosed trailers that have a door opening wide enough. Can anyone point me in the direction of a "xtra wide" rear door? Buggy is 93.5/94" wide and don't want to have to shoe horn it in.

pretty sure the widest you'll be able to go is 95"-96" I think. that's what mine is and it works great.

mine is an MTI

I just bought a new wide model Lark. I love it, do the upgrades, thicker floor and walls, e track, 8 ply tires, escape door, extra height and .30 sheet metal. You'll spend around 6k for a new one 22' long.

ive been looking at them myself and there are several manufactures on craiglist advertising from $4k-$4999 out the door on new 24' enclosed. dont have a clue on the reputable manufacturers. 6000 seems like a pretty good price for all of the upgrades

I had this problem too. I called and emailed several trailer companies. I wanted a gooseneck enclosed at 94" wide. They all said the same thing, "we can't do it, it will make the back too flimsy.

I picked up this guy yesterday. A little bit bigger that I wanted but the price was right.

The rear door is 92 3/4 wide. I needed 90

Haulmark Edge, stock is 96" wide door. Lots of trailer companies will build you whatever you want. I've heard doors being 101" for Sandrails up here.

J_Sigmon said:
I had this problem too. I called and emailed several trailer companies. I wanted a gooseneck enclosed at 94" wide. They all said the same thing, "we can't do it, it will make the back too flimsy.

I picked up this guy yesterday. A little bit bigger that I wanted but the price was right.

The rear door is 92 3/4 wide. I needed 90

That's a nice trailer

I just sold my 28' Haulmark and what I found was without paying for a custom built you can pick between Haulmark and Vintage for a full 96" x 96" door. Yes there are several more companies that make wide doors but always remember to check everything. Only a few that make the door cables on the outside of the door. Meaning door opening somewhere around 96" but the cables are maybe 90". Usually their answer is to just put a winch on the door, which is a pita.

Just a tip I was told....... If you are looking at used trailers a quick way to know if it is an extra wide is the lights will always be on the door on the back. Never beside the door. I dont know this to be fact but every trailer I looked at it was correct.

Also what I have been told is you can have them built as wide 100" if you have a commercial need it for it, but be weary they are not legale in many states if you was to get checked.

Phil's Trailers in Waco, Tx was awesome to work with on a haulmark.
LB's Trailers in Elgin, Al is a great guy and good to work with for a Vintage.

1tfrot said:
my cables are not in the way (in above trailer pic). it was easy to ask for the extra width

Also not 96" wide or trying to load a buggy that was a lil over 93" wide. Like I said just going by what I leanred while shopping so hopefully nobody will have to learn it the hard way.

civicmindedex79 said:
Also not 96" wide or trying to load a buggy that was a lil over 93" wide. Like I said just going by what I leanred while shopping so hopefully nobody will have to learn it the hard way.

when I was 91" wide it was not problem getting in and out. plenty of room between the cables. hardly even look now since I know how to line it up when pulling in. little wider than requires more attention, of course, but they are still more than wide enough.

most trailer companies that I talked to when I was looking were more than happy to do a wide door and they all had the same cable setup as well.

just trying to help thumb.gif

I guess I should have also stated that I'm not in the market to spend $15K on a trailer either...Ive done spent all my pennies on my new buggy so I'm talkin more along the lines of a $5-6k trailer. I know that's no where near the top of the line but I also bought a 2 ton cummins to haul with since I sold my common rail. Been tossing around the idea of just making an all in one living quarters/hauler but would just as soon have a trailer just not break the bank at the same time.

mine was a little over 8k with all the little extras. has ac/heat, 30 amp service box, 6k axles, led's, 2 skylights (one for exhaust fan and one for ac unit), rv door latch, extra outlets, and something I'm forgetting. it has the extra wide rear door and is a +12" tall.

if that helps anyone. it could be way nicer, but I was looking for a nice combo of decently built and cheap price.