• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed Trailers

TN-CTD

Lets talk enclosed trailers, goosenecks specifically. I'm thinking about buying one here in the future and have noticed there are a ton of options these things can come with and different style axles etc. It's a little confusing because I have never owned one but what are the "must have" options for a trailer that will haul crawlers and cars inside? I'm planning on doing the bed over the neck and maybe even having a bathroom put in but what are kind of floors and construction should I be looking at? I know all trailers aren't made the same

It all depends on the length of what you are looking for. I too am in the market for an 28' enclosed trailers and got some education this past weekend on some with lots to consider. I am just looking to haul a buggy and a razor. Lucas (GIZMO) has an awesome 50 footer that makes a room at the Ritz look like one of Tom Bodettes $29.95 rooms. Maybe he will chirp in :dunno:

I'm thinking about 36-38ft so I can haul my jeep and SXS or two cars. My brother is moving back and buying a race car so I'm sure we will tow that around as well. What I don't want to do is overload my 2500 and have to get a dually

I don't think a 36-38 is big enough for two cars, but would be for two buggies other short rigs. I'm picking up my 36' next week. That's as big as I wanted to go with a 2500 and some of the places we have to get into. Mine is a triple 6k torsion axle set up with 12" of extra height.

jta said:
I don't think a 36-38 is big enough for two cars, but would be for two buggies other short rigs. I'm picking up my 36' next week. That's as big as I wanted to go with a 2500 and some of the places we have to get into. Mine is a triple 6k torsion axle set up with 12" of extra height.

A 36' should have 28' of deck before getting to the 8' neck portion, that should be enough for two smaller cars or Bro-lite rangers. I've fit two crawlers on my 25ft gooseneck so it would be close. I just don't want to get into the 40ft range

I converted a 28' gooseneck into a toy hauler. Mine is +1' height and has a full 8' door with 5,200 lb axles. It is not as nice as some factory built toy haulers but works well for me. I have a California king mattress over the goose which sleeps much better than a "camper mattress". The kids sleep on two oversized camp cots once I pull the rig out. I added fresh water tank, cabinets, a sink, hot water heater, and a bathroom with shower and chemical toilet. I opted to go this route instead of mounting permanent black and gray holding tanks. Since the toilet is self contained, I just use a portable tank for gray water for the sink and shower.

I used VCT commercial tile in the floor with aluminum tread plate runners where my tires drive in. It already had an AC unit on the roof with heat strips but I also run a 2 brick ventless propane heater if very cold. I pulled the inside paneling off and added 1" styrofoam insulation in the walls and recovered with beadboard. I also added an RV awning on the side which has been very nice for shade and rain protection.

If I was ordering a new one, I would insulated walls from the factory, get a standard RV width walk through door with screen, ac unit, powered roof vent fan, and breaker box wired for 12 and 120 volt.

I got the insulated walls and roof, 15000 btu ac with heat strip and a 50 amp breaker box. I also had 4 Windows put in, I think they are 22"x30" or somewhere in that range. Do you have any pics of yours?

jta said:
I hear you on the staying under 40' for the weight. I'm guessing mine is gonna be about 7-7500 lbs empty. I can't wait to get it. This is the same model as what Ive got mine just has some different options.

https://www.milltrailers.com/sales/DealerFiles/ListingView.asp?ListingID=476

I was looking at that brand, looks nice

this trailer minus the workbench looks just about perfect if you don't need a kitchen. I don't like the raised roof but the layout is sweet.
https://www.milltrailers.com/sales/DealerFiles/ListingView.asp?ListingID=1015

TN-CTD said:
I was looking at that brand, looks nice

this trailer minus the workbench looks just about perfect if you don't need a kitchen. I don't like the raised roof but the layout is sweet.
https://www.milltrailers.com/sales/DealerFiles/ListingView.asp?ListingID=1015

They better be nice haha. You can get them to build it how ever you want. They were pretty easy to deal with and I think they have some specials going on now. Rita was my sales person and so far I've had a good experience.

Be careful on what get it rated for gvw wise. Dot reg are going to be changing at the first of the year. If rated over 10k. You will need a cdl class b or a depending on how heavy it is. Guys running the the bounty hills will need dot numbers and all that jazz. Any person that competes for even a ribbon will fall under these rules. :****: :****:

jta said:
They better be nice haha. You can get them to build it how ever you want. They were pretty easy to deal with and I think they have some specials going on now. Rita was my sales person and so far I've had a good experience.

I had Millenium build me a 38' with living quarters and we love it. I think my Salesman was Dennis and was awesome to deal with.

jta said:

It's going to be a while before I pull the trigger, just making sure I do this once and right the first time.

ecoast said:
sick Jeff!

...now you are COMMITTED

when you gonna bring all your junk up to RC?
I'd like to get up there but there is lots of good wheeling between here and there. I think it's 17-18 hrs of driving.
TN-CTD said:
It's going to be a while before I pull the trigger, just making sure I do this once and right the first time.

That's kind of where I was. Every where we go is so far away and it always seems to rain. The last trip to Choccolocco it rained all weekend. Having a dry place would have been so nice.