• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailers

mgiles

Question ....who makes a nice enclosed trailer that is wide enough to haul our rigs? I have a Smith Buggy with 1 tons/43s. I don't mind traveling a little to get one I'm in cen Florida.
Thanks

Millennium are top notch for sure. I wanted one bad but figured it would get ruined going in and out of offroad parks and having mud covered tires roll in and out? How is yours holding up to the offroad use?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I went the middle route. better than your cheaply built Georgia stuff, but not high end aluminum stuff. mines an MTI out of Indiana. 24'x8.5 with +12" of height. ordered the widest rear door opening.

think I paid under 9K and it also included extra lighting inside, 30a hookup, and pre-wired for ac (found an ac unit for cheap locally), and upgraded to 6K axles. we built drive over fenders and added a bunk up front.

seems like a decent trailer so far (3yo now), but there still some cheap things that you have to fix yourself over time (like trim barely tacked in)

What's the deal with "Georgia built", I see that referenced several times. Is it a specific brand that I'm supposed to know about but people don't want to say? Or are all trailer builders in Georgia unskilled hacks? molaugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a United 24x8.5 1' extra height 14k give. Finished walls with a 30 amp service in it. Buggy fits between the fenders backing it in. Didn't want to built ramps over the fenders an lose a bunch of room.

TBItoy said:
What's the deal with "Georgia built", I see that referenced several times. Is it a specific brand that I'm supposed to know about but people don't want to say? Or are all trailer builders in Georgia unskilled hacks? molaugh

That is where all those crappy craig's list trailers come from. Millennium has some trailers built there also, I went to the factory there and had a look before I bought mine. With that said mine was built in Indiana,.

onetoncrawler said:
Millennium are top notch for sure. I wanted one bad but figured it would get ruined going in and out of offroad parks and having mud covered tires roll in and out? How is yours holding up to the offroad use?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I haven't had any real issues with mine. I painted the floor with an industrial epoxy and its been fine. I even changed the clutch in my rig inside it.

TBItoy said:

That is the route I went, I saw a craiglist ad and contacted the builder "diamond trailer" . Went through the dealer an had one built to spec. 8 lug doubled the xmembers in the floor and walls. Honestly some of the welds underneath are no stacked dimes but are not cracking either. Happy with it so far. Totally changed the "camping" side of wheeling for the better.

Haulmark, vision, and continental all make trailers wide enough for pretty much anything you have. Of course there are a bunch of custom trailer builders. I don't know where you are from and how nice of a trailer you want but Phil's Trailer sales in Waco, TX is probably the best trailer people I have talked to. website is www.trailernut.com I bought a brand new 28' haulmark a couple of years ago. Used it 3 times and realized what kind of damage an offroad rig could do to a trailer that nice so I sold it. If I ever done it again I would just buy a non-finished but insulated trailer. Just my thoughts on it. One tip when looking at trailers that they told me at Phil's is if you are looking for a trailer wide enough for a buggy 99.99% of the time if the lights are not on the rear door it is not wide enough.

I've had 3 haulmarks (ranging from a std covered wagon, to a fully loaded 30' edge), 2 vintages one outlaw and one bandit, and 2 South georgias. If you think your getting a steal on a South Georgia trailer even if you crawl all under it on top of it and inside of it and it's perfect be prepared to own it forever unless you find a non educated person on trailers. I took one cheap Georgia one on trade and only allowed the guy 2000.00 for it, it took us almost 2 months to get 2000.00 out of it and it was an unfinished 24'. I can usually buy a decent 2000-2008 28' finished with lights inside and out trailer and use it 2-3 years and make in it when I sell it. When buying an enclosed id highly suggest getting a name brand well built trailer. Especially as heavy as most trail rigs are.

Latest posts