• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Endurance racing in the South?

RustyC

What are the options for Dirt Riot, ECORS, endurance style racing in the South. I think Dirt Riot has one race in Kentucky for 2017 that's it. Are there any other options for guys that want to race and get some seat time?

Who is out there that would be interested in an endurance style race?

Something in the 1 -2 hour range per class. Maybe some of the parks is the South could host an event like this? Mark off a course, get volunteers for recovery. Racers pay a small entry fee in return for the parks efforts a purse for each class would be great.
Classes could include everything form stock 4x4 up to a Ultra4 style chassis and sxs's. Reasonable safety rules in place for the vehicles and drivers. Courses designed so each class can run the course without MAJOR obstacles so a basically stock vehicle could be involved and not have to sit on the sideline.

Who would be interested in something like this? Please respond if event slightly interested. Is it worth the effort to put something together?
How could something like this be timed? Stopwatch and paper, video without getting to costly?

Re:

Insurance payment is going to be the issue. But I will race at some point. I think it may be in my blood.

Racing is fun.

It's also a big commitment to run a multiple race series, much less to try and be competitive.

There are a bunch of us on here that used to run ECORS.

I always thought it would be fun to have an SUV racing series..... Cherokee, explorer, rav4, land rover, 4 runner, tracker/sidekick all full body stuff etc.. etc...
Good Cheap Fun
Simple rules mainly for safety..
-cage
-harness
-fire extinguisher
-window nets
-Winch
-bumpers
limit tire size to 35'' or 37 max
a lot of tight woods racing , small short track, no major climbs just enough technical obstacles to slow the race down

a place like stoney lonesome/ AOP/ Hawk Pride/ Choccolocco would all be perfect for it

zayne2427 said:
I always thought it would be fun to have an SUV racing series..... Cherokee, explorer, rav4, land rover, 4 runner, tracker/sidekick all full body stuff etc.. etc...
Good Cheap Fun
-cage
-harness
-fire extinguisher
-window nets
-Winch
-bumpers
a lot of tight woods racing , small short track, no major climbs just enough technical obstacles to slow the race down

a place like stoney lonesome/ AOP/ Hawk Pride/ Choccolocco would all be perfect for it

ECORS tried a trophy class like that the last year or 2.

It's fun and relatively low buck, but you quickly run out of "fun" in a vehicle that is "too stock". IMO

TBItoy said:
ECORS tried a trophy class like that the last year or 2.

It's fun and relatively low buck, but you quickly run out of "fun" in a vehicle that is "too stock". IMO
yeah i don't disagree at all. I m sure after one race i would be like, well that was fun, time to do something else

Jduck said:
The race they used to do at Morris mountain was awesome.

X1000 !! I took my son to the last one they had there, he was probably 5. Not sure if it was anyone here on hardline but these two dudes in a xj came out of the race because thier jeep was running hot, they did a quick fix, was spinning tires and shifting gears sliding back onto the course! Came around to the jump they had set up right in front of the camping area, and jumped the S&#T out of it! Did a complete nose dive front flip and crushed the roof in! That was insane, but awesome!! My son had an up close look at it and was so excited. Of course we all checked on the guys, and by the grace of God they didn't die. Absolutely epic!

Always thought Golden Mountain would be a good place. Use the old race track as a central area with the stands and all that are or were there.

I actually talked to Rocky about it when he was running the place. Don't remember the series but the side by side stuff they did at jellico would be fun to do at a place like that.

I think it would be great to get something going. We all love seeing the rockbouncers compete but most of our rigs aren't capable of that. Something like this most everyone could give it a shot. I competed in a couple of Dirt Riot races and had an absolute blast.
It is amazing how fast some of the modified trail guys were. A Jeep Cherokee is more capable that you would think.

If a location were to present itself, how would we keep time without a big investment is a transponder system?

I'm in, I built a new unlimited (C Class) to replace my B class rig for ECORS then they vanished. I think GMP would be awesom.

I'm not sure but I do believe earlier in the year all the stuff from the ECORS was up for sale. I would like to see it take off. I raced one of the Toyota trail races in ECORS and had a blast doing it. Would really like to see something like that come back.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

zayne2427 said:
Good Cheap Fun
-cage
-harness
-fire extinguisher
-window nets
-Winch
-bumpers

Check out bro-lite racing. All Ford rangers.

sledneck said:
Check out bro-lite racing. All Ford rangers.

that stuff is pretty cool & inexpensive

Tom had talked about doing it at AOP at some point, not sure if he is still thinking about it

I'd throw one together for it for sure

just finished up a 4 race series up north in Michigan called RBOR (yes, ricky bobby offroad :****:)

was an absolute blast and the courses were awesome. they were based on fast obstacle courses. I'd be down to travel south for a race or 2.

they were held at 3 local Michigan offroad parks.