• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Excel gurus---HELP

muchado

OK stupid question... how do you format a bunch of worksheets within the same workbook all at once?? This will save me a shitton of time I have 42 worksheets to format and it's a bitch going thru 1 by 1

under_psi said:
i'd like to know toooooo...i always doe mine one by one...

normally I'd not be in such a rush but I might not be here to present this shiat Monday... Soo I need to get it done before then and the plant is closed tomarrow.

...nice my boss calls at 3:40 with this ::)

HA HA DORKS!!!!

Ok, click on the 1st worksheet tab at the bottom that you want to reformat. Then press and hold "CTRL" down, and click the other sheets you need as well. The tabs will all turn white in color. Then release the "CTRL" key and "Right click" your mouse. Click on "Format Cells" in that pop up menu and get after it.

blacksheep10 said:
for that many, is it an "all worksheets" type thing? then can you do the click on first, hold shift, click on last and get them all?
That dont work.

If you are toggling through a lot of seperate excel files in the same excel session. Not through seperate worksheet tabs.
You can hold "CTRL" and then "Tab" and it will go from workbook to workbook. I know there is a quickkey for cycling through the tabs of a workbook, but I cant remember what it is.

I was going to reply, but Wyatt has this on lockdown!

You can always just copy the tabs over also

I am not a guru at excel, I have guys for that, but I do know my way around a little bit.

use macros too - this is a great time to learn new skills and it's really handy once you know some tricks

show your Visual basics tool bar
On it there will be a play, record and editor buttons, plus others

A real simple way to learn to do things is to hit record - do what you want to do then hit stop - hit the editor and you'll see what it recorded and how it wrote it in visual basic code. You can then assign a shortcut key to it like CTRL + FU or whatever and any time you hit that those buttons it will do what ever is in the code.

Once you get good you can have it search cells, find the end of data, sort, add cells, add formulas, make new sheets and even run programs from your excel sheets

These are the buttons I was telling you about at Disney - make a few of them and show your boss only a select few to show how productive you are then save the rest for makin your work take no time.

I can send you some examples and/or ask around the office for people that have some made. Use them and investigate the code then steal it for your own use, you'll find some neat things you can do and better faster ways to do it. I can write a code to format a bunch of sheets many different ways, you can make it to update your screen so it shows your doing something and it takes a long time or you can just get it done - both are helpful in their own right

Never exceed their expectations - or they'll expect it
perception is the name of the game - not work quality

rockwild said:
Never exceed their expectations - or they'll expect it
perception is the name of the game - not work quality

Thanks Travis... Oh and your rant about the above quote around the fire was hilllarous! thumb.gif laughing1 :drinkers:

At the office cause they haven't given me a laptop yet ::) and your trick worked Wyatt. Thank you. Gonna try Travis's record action dealio too for some of this maybe help :eat: