• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

fat kid friendly seats..

thomace

Hey guys I'm am looking to buy some seats to put in my yj. I am 6'5 and weight around 350. Who makes the best seat for large animals like myself? :fish:

PRP will make anything you want. Just give em a call and they will get some basic measurments like waist size and the height to you shoulders when you are sitting flat on the ground.

It'll probably cost a bit more than the "standard" seats that you can click and order online, but you can get "Seats for Giants".

Thanks. I was looking at the baja ss seats but they say online that they are for 38 waist.

When I bought my seats I went off of the waist size listed in the info and I found out there is much more to it. For example I got the Baja XP that fits 38-40" waist which fits my 36" kinda snug but comfortable. However my shoulders dont quite fit inside the high sides of the seat back. Close enough but not comfortable. Do some research and check out all of the dimesions of the seat before you buy or have some made to fit you like TBItoy suggested.

I'm about the same size. I have the PRP daily drivers extra wide extra tall. The fit me good. You'll have to do a little work to get them to fit low enough in a yj but they are great. Try some of the vendors here or on pirate for the better prices. Pm me if you have any questions.

I run the Twisted Stitch wide seats in my rig. I would get them again.

They also are available tall, but since I am short and fat I didn't get that option.

For the price, I would get them again. There are plenty of custom options in the base price.

TBItoy said:
PRP will make anything you want. Just give em a call and they will get some basic measurments like waist size and the height to you shoulders when you are sitting flat on the ground.

It'll probably cost a bit more than the "standard" seats that you can click and order online, but you can get "Seats for Giants".

I am simular in size 6'3" 325 I run prp competition high back and I love them!!

I'm 6' 310 lbs I have prp daily drivers 4" wider 4" taller and I can sleep in my buggy head aligns with head rest and ain't wedged between the sides! They were like 800 ish shipped deffinately makes riding more enjoyable when your seats are comfortable!

It is $30 to widen a prp, $35 to go up to 4" taller each. If you need more than 4" (shouldn't) it is another $35. When I sit in a prp comp highback, my head is at the top of the headrest, I'm 5'10. If you went 4" taller, surely not all of your height is in your torso unless you wear a 32 inseam and are 6'5 laughing1 I'm a dealer and can quote you out whatever you want if need be.
Kelly

al1tonyota said:
I'm 6' 310 lbs I have prp daily drivers 4" wider 4" taller and I can sleep in my buggy head aligns with head rest and ain't wedged between the sides! They were like 800 ish shipped deffinately makes riding more enjoyable when your seats are comfortable!

I just ordered 2 sets of Corbeau XP, I know I wanted a "racing" style deep bucket seat with "wings" for my race truck,

but I'm kinda thinking some Corbeau JP or PRP Daily Drivers with the lower side bolsters and flatter backs would be more comfortable for a trail crawler :dunno:

I guess I'll see when they come in, might put one set up for sale and get something different.

blacksheep10 said:
surely not all of your height is in your torso unless you wear a 32 inseam and are 6'5 laughing1

I'm 6'4 and wear a 32 inseam and my pant legs drag the ground with my shoes off.... You talking sh*t punk? thumb.gif

thanks guys for all you input its been very helpful. i think my torso is normal im just tall and fat.lol i have a 36 inseam.
i dont know if you remember me Nick but i bought those 20s and xterriain's from you last year but if you decided to put one set of seats up for sale i would like to atleast like to come check them out.

We sell corbeau and prp's. I'm a big guy myself and have baja ultra SS extra wides. I'm thinking of selling them even though I love them to get some prp's. As I can have them customized to match my buggy build. Your welcome to try them out if your in the area. Athens, Ga
Thanks,
Bobby
Sales Manager
CCOR
706-207-4140

thomace said:
thanks guys for all you input its been very helpful. i think my torso is normal im just tall and fat.lol i have a 36 inseam.
i dont know if you remember me Nick but i bought those 20s and xterriain's from you last year but if you decided to put one set of seats up for sale i would like to atleast like to come check them out.

yeah man, I have 2 sets coming from Bobby at CCOR. Just hollar at me, I can probably bring them down to you and let you check them out.

CCOR said:
We sell corbeau and prp's. I'm a big guy myself and have baja ultra SS extra wides. I'm thinking of selling them even though I love them to get some prp's. As I can have them customized to match my buggy build. Your welcome to try them out if your in the area. Athens, Ga
Thanks,
Bobby
Sales Manager
CCOR
706-207-4140

The Ultra SS Wides fit me well,

I'd be interested in them if you decide to sell them.

I just bought some PRP Comp high backs with the 4" taller option. I am 6'7" 220lbs and they fit like a glove, a little wider would be nice, but its just another reason to keep off the weight I lost in Kuwait! The top of that seat is even with the top of my head.

Brian

1TONZR2 said:
I just bought some PRP Comp high backs with the 4" taller option. I am 6'7" 220lbs and they fit like a glove, a little wider would be nice, but its just another reason to keep off the weight I lost in Kuwait! The top of that seat is even with the top of my head.

Brian
Are you from north Carolina?