• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Favorite Wheeling Picture

Started trash talking football after y'all finally won the big game for the first time since 1980? (Said from the guy whose team hasn't won the big game since 1998) :rolf:
If you wanted to see a football joke you should've watched the titans game last night . As for the vols Im guessing it won't be a shutout this week against FL .

Old school Fordyce in CA.
130-3074_img.jpg
dcp_2173.jpg

is fordyce worth the trip?
I spent a bunch of time there from 2002-2006 and then didnt go back until 2014. It was a fun trail if the water levels are within reason. Well, its fun either way, but if the flow is ripping you need to be super careful and know the lines. There are sizeable holes that change almost every year in the river. I'll see if I can find the link to the Dreamflows website that has flow rates updated daily. If you are going to travel out there you might as well make it a week+ and hit the Rubicon as well. The Tahoe side is not that far from Fordyce. If you have never wheeled out West Id definitely try and get out there.

Last edited:
I spent a bunch of time there from 2002-2006 and then didnt go back until 2014. It was a fun trail if the water levels are within reason. Well, its fun either way, but if the flow is ripping you need to be super careful and know the lines. There are sizeable holes that change almost every year in the river. I'll see if I can find the link to the Dreamflows website that has flow rates updated daily. If you are going to travel out there you might as well make it a week+ and hit the Rubicon as well. The Tahoe side is not that far from Fordyce. If you have never wheeled out West Id definitely try and get out there.

a couple friends are talking about making a big trip of it next year. trying to figure out if it's something that i would have fun in the buggy or if it's something i should get my tj running for

a couple friends are talking about making a big trip of it next year. trying to figure out if it's something that i would have fun in the buggy or if it's something i should get my tj running for
Without knowing either I'll say that Fordyce is considerably more difficult than anything on the Rubicon. Be warned that the LEO up there typically have a hard on for screwing people on roads with OHV reg. I had my trailer about 100yrds down part of the "county road" at the Loon Lake side of the Rubicon and was given a ticket for only having a green sticker. This was back in 2005ish and im fairly certain its only gotten worse. There were actual cops on quads and a Jeep Cherokee actually on the trail when I ran it last in 2015.

Good evening Ranch in West Virginia
How's the wheeling there ? They got cabins or any kinda accommodations?

How big of place is it. AOP sized or River Rock sized?

AOP sized, maybe a tad smaller. The best thing since Golden Mountain, many folks say it's better (never got to hit GMP myself). But what they lack in size they make up for in pure fun and killer trails. The people that run it are awesome. The owner has the ColeWorx Equalizer buggy. They have a rock garden that can satisfy a rig on 35s and also keep a 4 wheel steer WeRock buggy busy all day long. It's really a killer spot, and if it's a long drive for you, I'd really recommend trying to add in Ivy Branch while you're in the area. It's 2 hours from the Ranch, about 20 minutes southwest of Charleston down 119 and compares to Harlan.

Thanks for the info. My wheeling group out of Florida is looking for a place to go for a week this December. Might have to see if GER can accommodate us.

Thanks for the info. My wheeling group out of Florida is looking for a place to go for a week this December. Might have to see if GER can accommodate us.

They have lots of cabins, and one very large hotel style cabin. All private rooms with private bathrooms and showers, but a shared living room/dining/kitchen area. They also have power and water on the campground, a pump truck that can empty your tanks for $25.
They have a bar and restaurant on site, and the best moonshine I've ever had. There's a parts store, harbor freight, and more in town just 10 minutes away. There's also an Applebees to get thrown out of if that's your thing.

If you're coming all the way from Florida I Highly recommend you piggy back Ivy Branch to the trip. You'll see all of The Ranch in no time, and you'll love it and run your favorite trails a few different times. But Ivy will keep you busy for a couple days and they have a great digital map. It was on Maplets, but I've been told recently there's a new maps on Avenza. Idk for certain.

Anyways, come on up to both and it'll be one epic trip I promise you that!

I used to wheel with a group outta West Virginia and ivy was their home trails. They loved that place. Compared it to Harlan. I never got to go with em before the main guy passed but I plan on going next year. I wanna hit ger too. Not getting any younger

Better pack some warm clothes. It can be very brutal in December in West Virginia

Latest posts