• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Finally got the Tow Pig set up!

crewchi

Well im happy to have had my tow rig out a few times this yr before i put it away for the winter. I dont let it out on the salty roads up here in the winter since the state uses so much salt! Its a 73' Peterbilt model 352A with a 350 big cam cummins and a 16 speed SST Spicer transmission. I just got the 17.5' deck on the back for our last trip up to the Mountain Mafia property for their last competition of the yr. The truck was owned by my grandfather and sold in 1986. I found it after yrs of looking for it and bought it back 3 yrs ago and have been working on it ever since. I grew up with this truck and have alot of great memories of it and my grandfather. This winter i will be installing some under the bed tool boxes and some work lights and LED marker lights on the bed. I will also be doing some engine work such as inspecting main and connecting rod bearings. I also hope to run the valves and repair a air steering assist cylinder that is leaking when i turn right. It doesnt matter what it needs its always fun to work on it and even more fun to drive it!

Attachments

• buggyonepete6.jpg
    buggyonepete6.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 57
  • BUGGYONPETE1.jpg
    BUGGYONPETE1.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 51
  • BUGGYONEPETE3.jpg
    BUGGYONEPETE3.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 61
  • ptrpeterbiltmorningleaving.jpg
    ptrpeterbiltmorningleaving.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 59
Looking good! These old cabovers are making a good comeback!
Yeah they are! They are getting harder to find in good shape for a good price. I was lucky to buy this one back for a good price! I have a parts one also and im always keeping my eyes open for more. Im currently working on picking up a 66' kenworth long nose that is in great original shape. I have no idea what i will do with it but that wont stop me. lol

Yeah they are! They are getting harder to find in good shape for a good price. I was lucky to buy this one back for a good price! I have a parts one also and im always keeping my eyes open for more. Im currently working on picking up a 66' kenworth long nose that is in great original shape. I have no idea what i will do with it but that wont stop me. lol

We have a 1977 Kenworth dump truck with a cat engine in it.
I just got all kinds of new chrome and stainless for it. New stacks, flaps/fenders, bumper, and new Yokohamas and polished Alcoas up front.

The older trucks have more soul than these new sloped nose smoothy, slant eye/headlighted trucks.

Latest posts