• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

First buggy build

simpletoy

Well I built a truck before and then bought a chassis off of someone and them decided to build my own buggy. It's probably 85% complete now and have had some help from hardline so I figured I could post a few pictures up of my toyota bouncer

dy7yhyqy.jpg
he3a7y8a.jpg
e7ypary9.jpg

The lady thinks she will be driving most of the time, she doesn't know it but she is wrong

Any questions or comments I'm open to. Thanks for looking

FJ axles with custom centered third 22rt aw4-dana300 chassis is 1.75 hrew except lower framerail is 1.75" .188 DOM wheel base is 114" full bump height 61.5" with 17" belly (I'm 5'5" tall). Anything else? The lady on other hand idk specs on it I'll work on measuring it up ha

Axles have long fields (original) 30s in them Dana is stock as of now we shall see how it holds if it breaks later on and before I get it going I believe I'm going to swap to 4.88 gears in axles

Do you know who built the chassis? Any idea how much it weighs?

BTW I'm not hating on the axles or t-case!! I'm running a 300 in my new build as well and was just wondering what if anything you had done to prolong its life.

I built the chassis myself. Not sure on weight. When I send it to powdercoat I'll probably weigh it then. I understand I won't really upgrade it until I break it

Bebop said:
Any infos on how did you matted the AW4 to the engine ?

22re auto bellhousing 2wd or 4wd. Used the pan and dipstick also since the pan is deeper. Toyota flex plate and aw4 torque converter I believe or toyota I don't remember which one it was. But with swapping it into buggy I had to get the radesigns shifter to shift the trans and bypass tcm

Re: Re: Re: First buggy build

simpletoy said:
Thanks for the compliments now I have to ask the question to put panels on it or not??
Panels are for race cars for the purpose of holding sponsor decals.

So, no.

:puke:
TBItoy said:

So, no.

I'll take that then. She is all torn down for finish weld on all of it now just to have the time to do it

TBItoy said:

So, no.
I have had buggies with and without. They are nice after a little rain! :****:

Okay I'm all torn down to finish weld this beast anyone have a accurate way to get the weight of this thing? Two people can pick it up fairly easy but I don't think your average bathroom scale will do it and I don't want to run to a truck stop either ??

Find someone with race car scales. Are you wanting just a chassis weight? You should be able to get close if you kept up with the sticks of tube.

Did not keep up with tubes used and yes just chassis weight. I know I need race car scales for corners