• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FiTech fuel injection

Jwhite76 said:
Has anyone ever used this setup or know anyone that has?
The shop I work for part time recently put the FiTech setup on a customers buggy. Went on a fresh 383 build and seems to work great. We have installed several FAST Ez efi set ups including poolman's juggy. The FiTech is easier to install and use. It is also more compact (all the wiring and computer is inside the throttle body) for a cleaner install. Nothing against the FAST but I like the FiTech more. They are both good setups for the $$$$ in my opinion but I'm just a helper. I have a GM TBI setup that I have modified slightly and use a custom eprom in the computer. It is better than stock but it still doesn't compare to the performance and tunability of the modern self learning fuel injection setups for an old school powerplant.

scooter60 said:
The shop I work for part time recently put the FiTech setup on a customers buggy. Went on a fresh 383 build and seems to work great. We have installed several FAST Ez efi set ups including poolman's juggy. The FiTech is easier to install and use. It is also more compact (all the wiring and computer is inside the throttle body) for a cleaner install. Nothing against the FAST but I like the FiTech more. They are both good setups for the $$$$ in my opinion but I'm just a helper. I have a GM TBI setup that I have modified slightly and use a custom eprom in the computer. It is better than stock but it still doesn't compare to the performance and tunability of the modern self learning fuel injection setups for an old school powerplant.

I wasn't sure if that was the injection you put on his 383 or not. I know he saved a bunch of money over the fast that I put on. It seemed to run good and I don't recall it having any issues but he didn't get much seat time either . After a few more hrs of run time I'll report back. As of now it looks to be a good purchase.

My dad was looking at this system for awhile after fighting with the professional products powerjection 3 system he had on his buggy. He seemed to think that some of the boys doin the powerjection were now doin the Fitech. Which scared him right away. He went with the new holly injection and loves it so far. The thing we fought was he has a little short stroked screamin 307 with a supercharger on top and we just couldn't get it to run right also a big cam. My thoughts are if your runnin something kinda mild you'll be okay with the FiTech but any boosted or real nasty motors will be need something else my two cents on the research I have done. And just like everybody else the price is amazing kinda hard to beat

FlatlandFSJ said:
Bringing this back up....Anyone else messed with the FiTech stuff?

A buddy had some issues with his, had to send it back and it took a month to get a new one. Personally I wouldn't be happy but he seems to be

poolman said:
A buddy had some issues with his, had to send it back and it took a month to get a new one. Personally I wouldn't be happy but he seems to be

Turns out the issue was a software problem that came up while trying to fine tune the setup. We are not sure if we messed it up due to our ignorance or if the handheld dumped the program. FiTech reprogramed the hand held free of charge, dynoed the system, and all seems to be good now.

That being said, those of us that have worked with the system like it but like the FAST system better. Fitech is more compact and easier to install but the two FAST systems I have installed have all worked flawlessly including poolman's juggy. I cant wait to install it in his Angry Fab buggy. That thing is sick. :****: BTW.....Ant have you come up with a name for that thing yet? I like "Poolboy" or the "Skimmer Buggy"? :fish:

Cool I was wandering the same thing the price is awesome but I like the compact setup the computer is bolted to the throttle body it looks clean as heck and simple I got a 383with holly truck avenger it does good but it is not fuel injection about ready for upgrade iv had 2 tbi motors in past just looking for something different this time

Johnny Red said:
Cool I was wandering the same thing the price is awesome but I like the compact setup the computer is bolted to the throttle body it looks clean as heck and simple I got a 383with holly truck avenger it does good but it is not fuel injection about ready for upgrade iv had 2 tbi motors in past just looking for something different this time

TBI can suck it...apparently it didn't like my old style intake,heads and 180 headers, I couldn't get mine to run for **** even after throwing 200$ at sensors,chips and wiring. Which is why I brought the thread back up. The cost is the biggest thing to me. It's right in line with a new propane kit and if I can have injection for the same cost as pane, I'd go fuel injection.

Would you guys do the FiTech set up over a new gotpropane 425 kit?

FlatlandFSJ said:
TBI can suck it...apparently it didn't like my old style intake,heads and 180 headers, I couldn't get mine to run for **** even after throwing 200$ at sensors,chips and wiring. Which is why I brought the thread back up. The cost is the biggest thing to me. It's right in line with a new propane kit and if I can have injection for the same cost as pane, I'd go fuel injection.

Would you guys do the FiTech set up over a new gotpropane 425 kit?

Absolutely! From the info we received from FiTech this was the first system they had returned to them and they were very helpful through the process. Now that it is back we have it running great. It has been on 2 different engines and works good. I do like the fuel pump set up on the FAST system better due to the use of non specialty fittings.(uses plastic washers that flatten out and they don't send replacements. Not a big deal if you don't need to take the system apart a few times like we had to in order to troubleshoot). All that being said, this particular customer wanted his Angry Fab buggy changed from propane to fuel injection and he is finally happy once we got it straightened out.

Scooter I'm glad you chimed in, I knew that you knew way more about it than me. :dblthumb:

And thanks for the kind words, I'm excited about the new buggy! :****:

scooter60 said:
Absolutely! From the info we received from FiTech this was the first system they had returned to them and they were very helpful through the process. Now that it is back we have it running great. It has been on 2 different engines and works good. I do like the fuel pump set up on the FAST system better due to the use of non specialty fittings.(uses plastic washers that flatten out and they don't send replacements. Not a big deal if you don't need to take the system apart a few times like we had to in order to troubleshoot). All that being said, this particular customer wanted his Angry Fab buggy changed from propane to fuel injection and he is finally happy once we got it straightened out.

All I needed to hear..well read in this case. thumb.gif

Having messed with it hands on, is there a possibility of changing the fittings over?