• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fitech in tank fuel pump options

Jacobmc

I'm wanting to get the fitech efi 400 for my motor and planned on using the RCI 2161a jeep fuel cell and was wondering what pump I could use for this tank..the guy at fitech said I would need a in tank pump

Any 190 or 255 pump works fine as long as it can do 58 psi. We usually plug the return and run a corvette filter setup with a single line to them. Summit filter kits are nice and include the safety fittings setup for -6 hose btw...

Not sure it is possible but, I wonder if youcut cut the top of the tank with a hole saw and add an in tank pump setup from a GM truck? I think Goatbuilt used an option like that or very close to it.

Jacobmc said:
I'm wanting to get the fitech efi 400 for my motor and planned on using the RCI 2161a jeep fuel cell and was wondering what pump I could use for this tank..the guy at fitech said I would need a in tank pump

I am not sure why he told you to run an in tank pump other than to help keep the pump cool. I have installed 2 FiTech systems and both used an in line frame rail mounted pump. One of those used FiTech's fuel supply kit that included the inline pump.

One thing I like about the FiTech is that the ECM controls the voltage that is sent to the pump. It is not a straight 12 volts. The ECM adjust the voltage based on system needs.

Re: Re: Fitech in tank fuel pump options

RustyC said:
Not sure it is possible but, I wonder if yo cut cut the top of the tank with a hole saw and add an in tank pump setup from a GM truck? I think Goatbuilt used an option like that or very close to it.
Goatbuilt has his own tank. Rotomolded plastic, optional aluminum shell, straps, and mount kits. His own fill plates that use a huge o-ring to seal plate to tank, factory gm pumps to plate. Really about the best thing out there. Lots of option for the fill plate; fast fill, reg fill, tractor type gauge cap or not, his own roll over valve, or use the built in valve in the gm pump.

You can kinda see the molded in channel for the o-ring top plate.

88d666785fe8b6d1448e8ed5c0ed31b5.jpg

abb7753a6add1307fa92ae9fe6097287.jpg

2db26b66e46ddaf439566f66849c2d7d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info..the fitech guy told me that it was possible to suck air from the tank squashing around if I use a inline filter..hell idk why it want work but Ill figure it out

Latest posts